If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PLEX on my LG Smart TV

I have my PLEX server on my Home Desktop PC and it is running all the time with PLEX open. I have an LG Smart TV Model No. 55LM6488. The Plex app shows when I do a scan but it will not connect to PLEX. Is this TV not compatible with PLEX apps? Can someone tell me what I can do to correct this issue?

Answers

• prodigygerprodigyger Posts: 1Members

Similar Problem here: LG OS Update was installed and the next video i want to look: Server is not available! LG55LB671V-Z8. Smartphone iOS is able to connect to Server ( Same Network)

Please assist with further steps.

• pthomannpthomann Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes, I have the same conditions, I can connect via PLEX through my smartphone, but not through the TV

• rmonks@gmail.comrmonks@gmail.com Posts: 3Members ✭✭

I've found my LG TV will not always connect to my WiFi. Once I forced the TV to connect to WiFi AP then I can get Plex to find the Server

• pthomannpthomann Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

My solution was to purchase a Roku device and install the Plex App (Free) onto it. I can then connect to my Plex library via the Roku devices throughout the house and it works fine, independent of what TV I use.

• Pitman33Pitman33 Posts: 46Members ✭✭

In network settings I have 192.168.1.1/24 list of IP addresses. Not sure if that will help here.