Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

XPlay (NetCast)

bublikoffbublikoff Posts: 1,324Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

XPlay (3rd party plex client for LG Smart TV)

PLEX SERVER: Case: CHENBRO ES34069-BK-180 Board: ASRock QC5000-ITX RAM: 8GB Storage: 1x4TB + 2x2TB OS: CentOS 7.1

Comments

• bublikoffbublikoff Posts: 1,324Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

--- reserved ---

PLEX SERVER: Case: CHENBRO ES34069-BK-180 Board: ASRock QC5000-ITX RAM: 8GB Storage: 1x4TB + 2x2TB OS: CentOS 7.1

• atomik77atomik77 Posts: 1Members

When will this be available to try?

edited February 2016

@atomik77 said:
    When will this be available to try?

Unfortunately it will not be available as downloadable demo like for WebOS. Only from LG store. At the moment Im trying to how to limit app for Netcast only in LG sore but I'll try to push it to LG store just after new update for WebOS will be ready ... as WebOS and NetCast versions shares code base .... the main difference in virtual keyboard

• rebberebbe Posts: 20Members ✭✭

@bublikoff said:
    Unfortunately it will not be available as downloadable demo like for WebOS. Only from LG store.

Will it be available in countries where 'LG smart world' do not offer payable apps?
    As far as I know, have we only access to free apps in Scandinavian.

Will it support Netcast v. 3.0 (LG 2012 smart tv)
    (Hard ware: ARM Cortex A9 900MHz Single Core / 1 GB)

@rebbe said:

@bublikoff said:
    Unfortunately it will not be available as downloadable demo like for WebOS. Only from LG store.

Will it be available in countries where 'LG smart world' do not offer payable apps?
    As far as I know, have we only access to free apps in Scandinavian.

Will it support Netcast v. 3.0 (LG 2012 smart tv)
    (Hard ware: ARM Cortex A9 900MHz Single Core / 1 GB)

Sorry for delay =) yep ... i hope LG QA will pass it

Great, looking forward to try it out, but it seem's to be a long proces to get it approved by LG :(
    If you need any help for testing, I will gladly participate.

@rebbe said:
    Great, looking forward to try it out, but it seem's to be a long proces to get it approved by LG :(
    If you need any help for testing, I will gladly participate.

I'm planing to push update for webos version and start publishing version for NetCast also

• amwjujoamwjujo Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi Bublikoff,
    I really like your app. I'm using the webos one on one of the tv, but the main tv that i'm using is a netcast, where i'm using the playz app. I would love to have yours on that one as well.
    Please keep us updated with news about it and when we can buy it from store.
    All the best!

edited April 2016

Trying to test the latest version on NetCast platform but have issue with web request in NetCast emulator =(
    NetCast emulators works like a kind of cr*p ... especially if compare with webOS emulators

Hope you will find a solotion to your problems with Netcast soon.
    Have you any estimated time schedule to a release of the XPlay in Netcast version?
    Would love to try it out.

edited April 2016

@rebbe said:
    Hope you will find a solotion to your problems with Netcast soon.
    Have you any estimated time schedule to a release of the XPlay in Netcast version?
    Would love to try it out.

The test version used to work but suddenly just stopped working ... it just cant request any infromation from plex services. Ive asked on LG forum ... and for the moment I can only way for any response .. but dont know if they still support NetCast developers )
    PS
    maybe the problem is in my OS ... maybe something was broken since the last testing time ... but why webOS emulator works well
    Of course If I had a NetCast TV would be much easier ... but Ive no and I cant make tests before sending it to LG QA

Hi,
    I updated the webos app from the store an I totally like it.
    I was wondering if you have any news regarding the netcast app. My other lg is a netcast tv and i would love to have xplay on that one as well.
    Thank you.

• rodtsmrodtsm Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi
    Do you have any news? Would love to try the app. The official plex app gives me headaches.
    Thank you.

• saradosvsaradosv Posts: 1Members

Hi Bublikoff,
    is there any news about the release of the XPlay in Netcast version?
    I think many will be intrested because of the new version of plex server that require athentication.
    I Would love to try the app!

• UraaaUraaa Posts: 1Members

Hi.
    I'm waiting Xplay for Netcast 2012 like other's.
    I can help you with testing it on real TV, if you give me instructions how to run it from USB flas drive.
    May be debug info from real device will help you...
    Thanks.

• Mr. NMr. N Posts: 2Members

Any news on Xplay developing for Netcast. I would be more than willing to pay for it. I'm currently using PLAYz because nothing else is available for us users with ''old'' smart TV's :(

• hutnikhutnik Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Still waiting for Netcast Xplay. Hopefully some day... :-)

:) Less likely to happen. But we can hope :smiley: