[REL] PlexWink - Control your Wink and/or Philips Hue smart lights with Plex!
Please do not submit log files here. PM them to me as they may contain sensitive information.
Philips Hue support has been added! It's not yet available via the UAS but it can be manually installed from GitHub. Once it's been tested and considered stable I'll push it to the UAS
Grab the latest 3.X.X release from the Unsupported App Store v2 or from https://github.com/vanstinator/PlexWink.bundle/releases
Major changes in this release. Lights, devices, and users are no longer configured via the channel settings. Logic is now contained in "rooms" that are dynamically created. See following text for instructions. Please post if you need help.
PlexWink is a Plex Channel that is designed to give Plex control of your home's smart lighting capabilities. The channel will monitor your Plex server for play criteria that you set up with the channel. If any of the criteria are met PlexWink will turn your lights off when Plex is playing a media item and will turn them back on when you are finished.
The channel logic is designed around the concept of a room. A room is just a collection of lights and clients. If you have multiple rooms in your home where you use Plex the channel supports that too! PlexWink can create and store as many rooms as one needs.
Creating a Room
To create a room in PlexWink click
Create a Room and fill in the text field with the desired room name.
Plex Web will not show this button. Instead text must be entered in the search field. From the home screen of PlexWink type in the name of the room being created into the search field and hit enter.
PlexWink will take you back to the home screen of the channel where there will now be a button with the name of the new room you just created.
Adding lights and devices
Navigate to the home screen of PlexWink and click on the room that is to be configured. On the next screen click on
Select lights. A list of the Wink light groups will be displayed. Select the groups you would like to trigger for this room. After selecting the lights click
Select devices and select the devices that are in the room. These devices will determine whether or not Plex controls your lights when media playback is detected.
Support is available on the Plex forums. Please do not open an issue on GitHub unless told by me or you have done sufficient technical analysis. I will close any issues that are not technical in nature. The forum thread where support can be had is https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/205647/rel-plexwink-control-your-wink-smart-lights-with-plex
* A current version of PMS
* A Wink or Philips Hue Smart Hub and some at least one bulb
* At least one group configured in Wink or Hue
The config is pretty simple. Fill out your plex login credentials, your wink credentials, and your wink API credentials. You can get the API keys by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Fix bugs
Changelog 3.1.1 - 9/14/2016
* bug-fix - Fixed bug where unused service providers may cause channel to not load
* bug-fix - plex status api would return 404 due to the site redesign
Changelog 3.1.0 - 3/10/2016
* new - Philips Hue support
* new - onscreen instructions for Plex Web users just starting out
* new - icons for editing room functions
* change - devices page now only shows devices that claim to be players
* bug-fix - removing light groups was breaking
* bug-fix - invalid Wink credentials would cause the plugin to not load in certain cases
Changelog 3.0.1 - 3/4/2016
* bug-fixes around simultaneous plays from shared users interfering with lighting logic
Changelog 3.0.0 - 3/2/2016
* Complete re-write of Wink integration
* new smart home module loader
* dynamic room building
* saves rooms to disk
* multiple room support
Changelog 2.0.0 - 2/3/2016
* PlexWink is now a channel
Changelog 1.2.0 - 10/27/15
* ripped out the old polling code. the application now listens on a web socket
* significantly decreased the lag time between a plex action and lighting action
* caching wink group id numbers at launch instead of getting them every time they are needed
* broke logic apart to support other lighting brands such as philips hue in the future
* other code cleanup and optimization
* rewrote logging so it now contains useful time-stamped entries
Changelog 1.1.0 - 10/22/15
* adding option for multiple plex client triggers
* option for multiple authorized user triggers
* option for multiple wink lighting groups
* adding config option for the plex IP and PORT