If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can the PS4 app play music in the background whilst playing a game?

nckllsncklls Posts: 1Members

Can the PS4 Plex app play music in the background whilst playing a game? The PS4 media app & the Spotify app have this capability but when I start to play a track in Plex and then hit the home button the music pauses. I have seen people elsewhere on the internet saying it works but without giving any explanation. Am I missing something obvious? A setting somewhere? The PS4 Media app works but doesn't list tracks in the correct order and Plex's interface is generally much better so I'd rather use it if possible...

Answers

• fluerryfluerry Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1

I've observed the same behavior as ncklls. Music playback doesn't seem to be integrated with media functions of the PS4 at all. No background play and the currently playing song/play back controls don't display display in the ps menu.

• MitchellBundyMitchellBundy Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 2016

Not possible at the moment, I'm going to put in an official "feature request"

• ShinmegamiShinmegami Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Oh yeah and if we're at it: Volume control in the QuickMenu would be totally awesome!

• Mr_PicklesMr_Pickles Posts: 2Members

To resurrect this old thread, I'd like to put in another vote for background playing. Spotify integrates so well on the PS4 so it's too bad that Plex doesn't. Having playback controls in the quick menu is awesome.

I'd use DLNA in the meantime but I can't get that working (the Plex app works fine though).

• pdgillam@gmail.compdgillam@gmail.com Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes- Go through the Media Player app and Plex Media Server is recognized.