If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

I already paid the one-time activation fee, why do I need to pay again?

To the point, I paid the one-time payment fee and I am still getting the pop-up to pay again. Shouldn't this be good throughout my account? I was under the impression I would not have to pay on every device I want to steam movies using plex.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• pombeirppombeirp Windows Team Lead SwitzerlandPosts: 1,885Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

So you paid for the Plex for Windows app and are being requested to pay when installing on another Windows/Windows Phone device that is connected to your same Windows Store account?

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

• thelliottthelliott Posts: 1Members

I have a question. I paid the one-time payment for my iPhone 3 months or so ago. I have now upgraded my iPhone, and want use Plex on my new the iPhone. I am getting rid of the old one, but, I installed Plex on the new phone and it wants me to pay one-time payment again. Does that sound right?

• avowavow Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@thelliott said:
    I have a question. I paid the one-time payment for my iPhone 3 months or so ago. I have now upgraded my iPhone, and want use Plex on my new the iPhone. I am getting rid of the old one, but, I installed Plex on the new phone and it wants me to pay one-time payment again. Does that sound right?

Nope, that doesnt make sense, check to make sure you are using the same account on the Apple store.

• outsidephiloutsidephil Posts: 1Members

I'm having the same issue. I paid for the one time fee, app worked great until a few months ago..What is going on? I recently changed form Android to IOS but still have my Roku stick..I can see my friends name but it wont let me view his server.

• pombeirppombeirp Windows Team Lead SwitzerlandPosts: 1,885Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@outsidephil: you mention 3 different devices, but I'm not sure which app you purchased (remember that a purchase on Android doesn't carry over to iOS and vice versa).

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

• metb40@hotmail.commetb40@hotmail.com Posts: 1Members

My problem is a bit different from what I have read others posting on here. I paid one time fee for Windows app for my tablet. after using it for a while, I had to do a "reset Windows" in Windows 10 Home due to another issue. Now it will not reactivate on the same machine and is wanting me to buy it again. Help would be much appreciated, Thanks in advance.

That should be tied to your Microsoft account. Are you signed in to the Windows Store with the original account with which you made the purchase?

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

• samsiusamsiu Posts: 1Members

I just installed Plex on my new iPad and it asked for the one time activation fee which I have previously paid on my iPhone. I used same email account on Plex and Apple store for both iPhone and iPad. Anyone know how to resolve this?

• TheMooDudeTheMooDude Posts: 211Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@samsiu said:
    I just installed Plex on my new iPad and it asked for the one time activation fee which I have previously paid on my iPhone. I used same email account on Plex and Apple store for both iPhone and iPad. Anyone know how to resolve this?

For support with the iOS app please see the specific category in the forum. This section is for the Windows Store app (Windows 10 + Windows Phone).

i5-2500K | 20GB DDR3 | 4x3TB WD Red RAID1 | Windows Server 2012 R2 | Plex Media Server
    i7-6700 | 16GB DDR4 | GTX 980TI | Windows 10 Pro | Plex Media Player | PlexAmp
    Samsung UE40K5500 | Plex SmartTV App
    Raspberry Pi 3-B | Plex Media Player Embedded
    LG V30 | Android 7.1.2 | Plex for Android