Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Show MPAA ratings?

unisonrussunisonruss Plex-Enthusiast Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,901 Plex Pass
Hey japps! I just realized there is no way to see the rating of a film or TV Show in any view. Any chance this could be added in somehow? This info. is quintessential in my household...

Thank you!

Comments

• friedflixfriedflix Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,012 Plex Pass
    Russ wrote:

Hey japps! I just realized there is no way to see the rating of a film or TV Show in any view. Any chance this could be added in somehow? This info. is quintessential in my household...

Thank you!

+1.
  • jaapsjaaps Members, Plex Pass Posts: 187 Plex Pass
    Roger. Added it on my TODO list.

Running PMS + PlexConnect on a headless Ubuntu server. Clients: Apple TV 3 and iPad.

New version is now available on github/preen with this info added to the video info dialog.

Running PMS + PlexConnect on a headless Ubuntu server. Clients: Apple TV 3 and iPad.

• friedflixfriedflix Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,012 Plex Pass
    jaaps wrote:

New version is now available on github/preen with this info added to the video info dialog.

Any chance you can add it to the list view too? I know you don't want that view to be too cluttered, but it would be great to be able to see it while scrolling through the list rather than otherwise...thanks again.
  • unisonrussunisonruss Plex-Enthusiast Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,901 Plex Pass
    Thanks jaaps! I will get the updated version when I go home :)
    cfriedberg wrote:

Any chance you can add it to the list view too? I know you don't want that view to be too cluttered, but it would be great to be able to see it while scrolling through the list rather than otherwise...thanks again.

I'll add it as an optional setting.

• AvengeAvenge Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12 Plex Pass
    It would be AWESOME if there was an option to grant or deny access with shared libraries based on MPAA ratings, and to be able to setup a pin the user could enter to override this. I only mention this because I share my library with my family who are spread all over the US and most have kids that they would like to restrict access to G rated, or with my brother who's kids are a little older so they are able to watch PG-13 and under. Right now the only way I can do this is to organize my movies and TV shows into different folders and grant them access to only the G, PG, or PG-13 folders, but then when my brother wants to watch a movie he has to call me so that I can temporarily grant him access to the R & NC-17 folders. Is something like this possible or do you have a recommendation on how or what I could do to meet these needs? I've also been scouring the internet for some kind of media manager software that would sort my TV Shows and Movies into the correct folders based on the MPAA ratings in a more automated way, because I've been so busy lately with work, school, and post-surgery physical therapy that I find it hard to find the time to do this my self manually and I'm falling behind. So if anyone has any reccomendations for any of my problems I'd be glad to hear them!!!!! I don't mind spending money to get the right software or whatever I need as long as it solves my problems!

Thanks for any help or advice you guys can offer!
    Semper Fi,
    Nate Miller (Sgt, USMC)
    Semper Fi,
    Nate Miller (Sgt, USMC Retired)

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
    - John Stuart Mill