Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[ALERTFILM] Get notified when your favorite movies are available [iOS]

TorUseTorUse Members, Plex Pass Posts: 56 Plex Pass

Dear Plex users,

I am proud to present AlertFilm, a new ios application that will help you and your shared users keep track of wanted movies.

Download the application
- Apple Store

Current features
- Add movies to your watchlist
- Receive push notifications when movies are available on Plex, cinema, internet, iTunes, Netflix
- Watch trailers
- Check availability of movies in supported platforms

Coming features
- Support of Amazon
- Many more platforms to come

User requests
- Android version
- Plex server admin can get the list of wanted movies of shared users

Beta program
- http://get.alertfilm.com/plex/

Changelog
Version: 1.0

• Platforms: Cinema, iTunes, Internet, Plex
  • Movie discovery (trailer, date, description)
  • Watchlist
  • Notifications
  • Check availability

Please feel free to send your suggestions and ideas, they are very valuable and important to us and we will try our best to answer to every comment.

Screenshots

Help us improve AlertFilm - Forum thread

Answers

• pikeupepikeupe Members, Plex Pass Posts: 107 Plex Pass

Hello

ios for damage

• TorUseTorUse Members, Plex Pass Posts: 56 Plex Pass
    edited February 2016

@pikeupe said:
    Hello

ios for damage

Hi @pikeupe,

We know it can generate disappointment but we had to pick a platform to start with :)

What is your phone operating system?

Good evening

android system

@pikeupe said:
    Good evening

android system

OK thx. If the application is successfull, we will definitely work on an android version
    :)

• geekz85geekz85 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 131 Plex Pass

i am very interested but does this also works for the german version of the movies?

PMS: Synology DS415+
    Clients: MacBook 12" M7 512GB Spacegrey, iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Jetblack
    FireTV Stick
    PS4
    Chromecast
    Apple TV4
    edited February 2016

Hi @geekz85,

Thank you for your message.
    Yes, it should work because we use at first the original title of the movie.

What metadata agent have you defined in Plex?

Do not hesitate to send us your feedback so that we can improve the algorithm if needed :D

• geekz85geekz85 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 131 Plex Pass

1st freebase
    2nd the movie database
    it works in most cases with german metadata..

PMS: Synology DS415+
    Clients: MacBook 12" M7 512GB Spacegrey, iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Jetblack
    FireTV Stick
    PS4
    Chromecast
    Apple TV4

Great :)

I think you can drop Freebase as it is not updated anymore since the 31st of March, 2015. I am not even sure if it still works.

Can you send me examples of movies that don't work?

edited March 2016

The application is now available in the iTunes store if you want to give it a try :)

The new version can also send notifications when movies are availablle on iTunes and Netflix

Hello

the android version is planned for when?

• André.JeAndré.Je Members, Plex Pass Posts: 239 Plex Pass
    edited March 2016

Any chance you could get the app to sync with the plex users so that they can request movies via this app and the server admin gets a push notification? :) In other words: Grant the Serveradmin access to the users wishlists.

One more thing: Do notifications "available on plex" work?

• S3rverS3rver Members, Plex Pass Posts: 88 Plex Pass

@noreason said:
    Any chance you could get the app to sync with the plex users so that they can request movies via this app and the server admin gets a push notification? :) In other words: Grant the Serveradmin access to the users wishlists.

This would be awesome. The app looks great. I would definitely be happy to pay for this feature.

@pikeupe said:
    Hello

the android version is planned for when?

Hi pikeup,

We will first focus on the iOS application then work on the android version.
    I will keep you updated in this post.

@noreason said:

Hi noreason,

• Yes, we are currently working on such a feature. Database is ready. Now we need to find the best way to implement this in the application. The server admin will have access to the list of movies requested by users of the same plex server (but we also want to do more, like count, filter by movies already available on the internet...). I will let you know when it's available.

• Yes, notifications "Available on plex" are working. If it doesn't work for you, please let me know. We will check why.

@S3rver said:

@noreason said:

This would be awesome. The app looks great. I would definitely be happy to pay for this feature.

Hi S3rver,

Thank you for the nice message :), I will let you know when it's available.

@TorUse said:

@noreason said:

Hi noreason,

• Yes, we are currently working on such a feature. Database is ready. Now we need to find the best way to implement this in the application. The server admin will have access to the list of movies requested by users of the same plex server (but we also want to do more, like count, filter by movies already available on the internet...). I will let you know when it's available.

• Yes, notifications "Available on plex" are working. If it doesn't work for you, please let me know. We will check why.

Perfect! The notifications do indeed work :) I also signed up on your beta programm but did not yet receive an invitation ;) If you need some testing let me know :)

@noreason, you should have received the email for downloading the beta app :)

@TorUse Thx, got it :)

• S3rverS3rver Members, Plex Pass Posts: 88 Plex Pass

@TorUse said:

@S3rver said:

@noreason said:

Hi S3rver,

Thank you for the nice message :), I will let you know when it's available.

I will spread the word and let my friends know about this amazing app:) will patiently waiting for additional features. Thank you.

edited March 2016

@noreason said:
    @TorUse Thx, got it :)

Great. Do not hesitate to send your feedbacks :)

@S3rver said:
    I will spread the word and let my friends know about this amazing app:) will patiently waiting for additional features. Thank you.

Awesome. Thx for your help. :)