If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

On Deck via API?

jaffabjaffab Posts: 57Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi All,

Does anybody know if the 'on deck' list can be manipulated via an API? I have my own home-brew home automation system which contains a catalogue of my movies and suggests movies based on when it was last watched etc (no, I dont want to use plex for this) - but when a movie is selected, I would like to put the movie on deck.

I can find plenty of API calls to LIST items from plex, but not many to poke information back into the system.

• jaffabjaffab Posts: 57Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Bounce bounce. Anybody? No way of doing this?

Plex, can it be added to the API system?

• dontshowmyemaildontshowmyemail Posts: 1Members

A year late, but I've been waiting for this a long time, too. Finally had the endurance to find a solution:

You need to make two calls:

(immediately) followed by

• $key is the ratingKey of the item you want to add
    • $duration is the duration of the item in milliseconds - not sure if it needs to be correct, but it needs to be there
    • $plexClientIdentifier the client identifier your app signed in with - not sure either if this needs to be a valid one, but my server at least insists on the parameter being there

These calls basically say

• Hey, I'm watching this thing, and I'm at the one minute mark!
    • Meh, I stopped watching at the two minute mark...

And thus it appears on deck, with the option to continue from 2 min.

The exact numbers probably don't matter, but they need to be different.