If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PlexKodiConnect: let Kodi talk to your Plex

Answers

• cronetercroneter Posts: 1,219Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

OK, at some point you have to be brave and push the new version :lol: This is a HUGE overhaul on the backend. I hope I got most bugs you guys! Thanks for letting me know if something is not working as expected...

Changelog

version 2.0.0 (beta only):
    - HUGE code overhaul - Remember that you can go back to earlier version ;-)
    - Completely rewritten Plex Companion
    - Completely rewritten playback startup
    - Tons of fixes, see the Github changelog for more details
    - WARNING: You will need to reset the Kodi database!

• MilriteMilrite Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 8

Couple of minor things I noticed, the indicators such as percentage played do not appear when using on deck widget, and recently added widget does not get populated with any recently added shows. I am using Titan skin on Shield TV. I installed V2 beta last night and so far seems stable enough using add on default settings more or less.
    Edit: Also does not resume playback from on deck, nor does it show progress indicators. When reverting to previous stable version, playback indicator, resume etc all work as intended.

• jaydashjaydash Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 7

So, maybe this is a dumb question... but PlexKodiConnect has been so B@D@SS I don't want to risk messing anything up!

Haven't had any problems with a large, regular music library. Will everything still work with a Plex "Premium Music Library?"
    https://support.plex.tv/articles/204892678-creating-a-premium-music-library/

It says "premium," so you've gotta try it out, huh?

There's a note on the above-linked Plex support page, about having a premium library side-by-side with an existing regular library. So, I was thinking of testing by creating a premium library side-by-side with my existing music library ... would this (temporary) dual music library mess things up with PKC?

@jaydash said:
    So, maybe this is a dumb question... but PlexKodiConnect has been so B@D@SS I don't want to risk messing anything up!

Haven't had any problems with a large, regular music library. Will everything still work with a Plex "Premium Music Library?"
    https://support.plex.tv/articles/204892678-creating-a-premium-music-library/

It says "premium," so you've gotta try it out, huh?

There's a note on the above-linked Plex support page, about having a premium library side-by-side with an existing regular library. So, I was thinking of testing by creating a premium library side-by-side with my existing music library ... would this (temporary) dual music library mess things up with PKC?

No worries. PKC will remain B@D@SS, no need to test

• jotenakisjotenakis Posts: 5Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello
    Got issues when enabling music database within PKC . Log plenty of
    ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for https://192.168.0.1:32400/library/parts/83110/1346260227/
    Overlay message keep going on screen : load data from file ...
    Any idea ?

• KarlDagKarlDag Posts: 2,137Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@jotenakis said:
    Hello
    Got issues when enabling music database within PKC . Log plenty of
    ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for https://192.168.0.1:32400/library/parts/83110/1346260227/
    Overlay message keep going on screen : load data from file ...
    Any idea ?

First post: "Plex Music when using Addon paths instead of Native Direct Paths: Kodi tries to scan every(!) single Plex song on startup. This leads to errors in the Kodi log file and potentially even crashes.". Did you check this?

• jotenakisjotenakis Posts: 5Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

thank you.

• miktymikty Posts: 14Members ✭✭

Hi,
    I come back with my problem of mixed TV SHOW with ANIMES using widgets episodes. I use video nodes to split these sources.
    My setup is shield tv android with plexkodiconnect and nas synology plex server.
    I change my skin to go with TITAN skin with the hope of using smart widgets in order to not have a “In progress episodes” been mixed between my 2 sources TV SHOW and ANIMES.
    But I found nothing in widgets selection which allow to show “in progress episodes” by source. All episodes stay mixed on widgets.
    I try to ask on the titan skin thread but the only answer received is to use smart playlist witch is incompatible with our plexkodiconnect setup.
    Is someone using plexkodiconnect is able to use widget by source using titan skin in order to only have “In progress episodes”widgets by source ?
    Thanks for your help.
    regards

• hstamashstamas Posts: 596Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@mikty said:

I try to ask on the titan skin thread but the only answer received is to use smart playlist witch is incompatible with our plexkodiconnect setup.

PKC works with Kodi's Smart Playlists. I used it all the time.

hstamas

• FoqnaxFoqnax Posts: 5Members ✭✭

@croneter said:
    OK, at some point you have to be brave and push the new version :lol: This is a HUGE overhaul on the backend. I hope I got most bugs you guys! Thanks for letting me know if something is not working as expected...

Changelog

FYI the link to the beta repository on the wiki page is outdated (links to v1.0.0).

• MediaHorderMediaHorder Posts: 3,262Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@hedgoli said:

@croneter said:

Changelog

FYI the link to the beta repository on the wiki page is outdated (links to v1.0.0).

Where's the right link?

Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub

Found the link don't worry.

Plex Companion isn't working for me with 2.0.2.

Can't see the device in the Plex app. Odroid C2 running Krypton 17.5.

Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub

• michielvanbaakmichielvanbaak Posts: 86Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@danjames92 said:

You mean you don't see the player in the webapp?
    For me it's also not showing up in the webapp, but in the ios plex.app I see the PKC players, and I can cast to them (music isn't working, but movies and series are)

I have seen this behaviour for some time now. Sometimes the PKC players show up in the webapp, sometimes not.
    It looks like if they show up after a reboot, but disappear after some time.
    This only happens with the plex webapp, as my iPhone, and my wifes iPhone always show the PKC players and are always able to cast to them without problem. (Again, only video, audio is not working but I cant be bothered enough to look into that as my receivers support airplay and I simply use that)

[https://trakt.tv/users/mvanbaak](https://trakt.tv/users/mvanbaak "https://trakt.tv/users/mvanbaak")

@michielvanbaak said:

@danjames92 said:

For me it's also not showing up in the webapp, but in the ios plex.app I see the PKC players, and I can cast to them (music isn't working, but movies and series are)

I have seen this behaviour for some time now. Sometimes the PKC players show up in the webapp, sometimes not.
    This only happens with the plex webapp, as my iPhone, and my wifes iPhone always show the PKC players and are always able to cast to them without problem. (Again, only video, audio is not working but I cant be bothered enough to look into that as my receivers support airplay and I simply use that)

Casting from my phone and don't see it in the ios app

@danjames92 said:

@michielvanbaak said:

@danjames92 said:

Casting from my phone and don't see it in the ios app

https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConnect/wiki/How-to-Report-A-Bug

• zalithkazalithka Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@croneter, just out of curiosity, does using PKC mean that Kodi will then handle local user accounts, or would this still be left to PMS with Plex Home? I didn't see anything in the OP or in a quick thread search that answers my question (though I may have missed it somewhere in the 163 pages...).

@zalithka said:
    @croneter, just out of curiosity, does using PKC mean that Kodi will then handle local user accounts, or would this still be left to PMS with Plex Home? I didn't see anything in the OP or in a quick thread search that answers my question (though I may have missed it somewhere in the 163 pages...).

Check this: https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConnect/wiki/Several-Plex-Users

• zalithkazalithka Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

That was the one place i didn't think to look... Thanks.

• craig_1989craig_1989 Posts: 50Members ✭✭
    edited February 12

It takes a long time for my kodi to update when I mark something as watched or unwatched, like 5 mins. Is that normal?

• SPROCKETSITESPROCKETSITE Posts: 32Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Croneter for this add-on.

Finally summoned the courage to ditch the old setup and create a fresh install with PKC and the Titan skin. Having used Plex/Kodi for the past 5 or so years I thought I was past being astounded by it, but this combination rendered me speechless. I'm only sorry I didn't make the switch sooner. My loss.