If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PlexKodiConnect: let Kodi talk to your Plex

Answers

• hstamashstamas Posts: 570Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Another test (last one for tonight). Library sync completed after quiting Kodi a few time. Was doing nothing but looking around Kodi menus. Am still getting the constant little pop up that the database was being compressed. New popup has started (just as quick to pop up and go away but constant) is a sync notification. library list also jumping around if viewed but not touched like its constantly being updated (hence the high CPU/memory utilization?). Kodi finally crashed. New logs attached.

hstamas

• sylussylus Posts: 42Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem as Silvaire. Can select user but come to a loop that i cannot connect.

relevant log part:

ERROR: C:\Users\Server\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\packages\urllib3\util\ssl_.py:120: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#insecureplatformwarning.

InsecurePlatformWarning
    Error message: hostname '127.0.0.1' doesn't match '*.****************.plex.direct'

Seems related to SSL, eventhough i tried to play around the settings i could not solve it.

• bigbadrabbitbigbadrabbit Posts: 289Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

BTW - Is it too early for a donate button? I don't think so! :D
    I'd be more than happy to support your efforts @croneter! :!!

@bigbadrabbit said:
    BTW - Is it too early for a donate button? I don't think so! :D
    I'd be more than happy to support your efforts @croneter! :!!

Me too!

hstamas

• KJKingJKJKingJ Posts: 67Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@sylus said:
    Same problem as Silvaire. Can select user but come to a loop that i cannot connect.

relevant log part:

ERROR: C:\Users\Server\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\packages\urllib3\util\ssl_.py:120: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#insecureplatformwarning.

InsecurePlatformWarning
    Error message: hostname '127.0.0.1' doesn't match '*.****************.plex.direct'

Seems related to SSL, eventhough i tried to play around the settings i could not solve it.

Did you enable the "Verify Host SSL Certificate" option in the Plugin Settings? This error is basically saying that when it attempted to connect to your Plex server at 127.0.0.1, it received a certificate for a different server (which is normal because how how Plex implements SSL).

If you disable that option, it should still log an error but continue and connect anyway.

• UschiGlasUschiGlas Posts: 70Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 2016

Hi,

it dosn't work for me so far (Kodi on openelec at raspeberry Pi 2), i used the latestst versions, but I am not able to log on.
    the users appear during the idendification (plex link is also okay before) but I can not log in (as guest, main or any other user).

also the SSL error:

Log:
    23:56:14 149.691544 T:1568592960 ERROR: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:120: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#insecureplatformwarning.
    InsecurePlatformWarning

i tested with differnet server settings, secure required, preferred etc.. the plugIn on kodi setting is to "non HTTPS"

EDIT: even with plugin option HTTPS and "check SLL certification" it cause the same error, the second option "client certificate" is suspect to me..., but at least the user logon-loop is gone....

but still no scan posible due to missing connection.

Thanks,
    Olli

• saitoh183saitoh183 Posts: 599Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So far it was only able to scan my movies in but TVshows/Anime seems to choke it. Here are my logfile. My kodi is a fresh install with only your addon installed on it

• MartinAylaMartinAyla Posts: 859Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 2016

@croneter I have a clean Kodi 16.0 install on OS X, but PlexKodiConnect 1.0.1 will never start a library sync, it crashes every time before starting.

Here is the debug log: http://pastebin.com/3xmxU7TR

/Martin

• mini.PLEXmini.PLEX Posts: 290Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 2016

progress report... fresh install of jarvis and the PlexKodiConnect 3x zip files installed without dependancy issues.

removed all the ** (2x stars) from my movie file titles and PlexKodiConnect flew though the movie Sync...

until it hit my 3D movie folder... worked out it does not seem to like my 3D movie file naming convention 'Movie name [3D] [HSBS]' ...once I removed the [3D] & [HSBS] from the file names, PlexKodiConnect also flew through this folder sync.

...until it hit my TV shows and would not progress any further, have not been able to do a full sync of my entire library to date.

FYI: I have used Emby & Emby Kodi Haddon sync in the past and these have both run syncs just fine without any issues with my file names.

 Mac mini | mac OSX Sierra V10.12.6 | 2.6GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 | 16GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
    Server: PMS 1.9.2
    Clients: PMP 2.1.0.74 | iOS iPhone 6s | apple TV4
    Clients: Kodi 17.4 | Plex for Kodi addon v0.1.1 | PlexKodiConnect v1.8.11
    Storage: 4x WD 4TB USB 3.0 Hard Drives
    Receiver: Panasonic Viera TX-50DX700B | Pioneer AV SX-SW55

Has anyone had a successfull sync (or even had a sync start) on OS X?

/Martin

edited March 2016

@MartinAyla said:

****, here! Search for my comments on this thread.

edited March 2016

@bigbadrabbit said:

@MartinAyla said:

Thanks, what did you need to do to make it work?

I'm using the latest release 1.0.1 but I get a thread crash every time Kodi starts.

PS. I only have one user (myself), I don't know if that has anything to do with the crash?

/Martin

edited March 2016

@MartinAyla said:

@bigbadrabbit said:

@MartinAyla said:

Thanks, what did you need to do to make it work?

I'm using the latest release 1.0.1 but I get a thread crash every time Kodi starts.

PS. I only have one user (myself), I don't know if that has anything to do with the crash?

Honestly, i can't tell you what exactly did the trick...

Under PKC (PlexKodiConnect) 1.0.0 i created a guest user, so i had the Plex Home feature active. That didn't do anything because i wasn't able to login in now.

After a fresh install of the two dependencies and KPC 1.0.1 (plus fresh install of Kodi 16) i again was not able to login. So i disabled the guest user and only having one user again. I didn't enter the PIN on first start and after doing so, it started syncing (although with hiccups).
    Maybe this helps.

ATM everything except season artwork seems to be synced but PKC is stuck on my TV Shows (see my previous posts).

@bigbadrabbit Thanks for the reply, nothing works for me though, PKC always crashes on startup.

/Martin

edited March 2016

@hstamas said:

Haven't had time to do anything else but did want to report that marking a move as watched in Kodi instantly marks it as watched on PMS. Marking a movie as watched on PMS does NOT instantly mark the movie as watched in Kodi. Restarting Kodi and everything is synced. Is this the expected behavior or should Kodi be updating itself automatically? I usually leave my instance of Kodi running 24/7 so not having an automatic refresh might be an issue.

I can confirm that behavior.
    Sync works from Kodi --> PMS nearly instantly but not from PMS --> Kodi (restart needed).

• WilhelmStrokerWilhelmStroker Posts: 1,654Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sync is working for me, but the companion isn't so I can't fling anything to Kodi.

edited March 2016

at least i am able to logon (https on server & plugin, link via Plex App Link, main user without PIN), sync stopps after 100 items...so i gues I have to reboot a lot, to fetch my media...
    anyway, thanks for the great AddOn, that was exactly what I was looking for !

Edit: an option to re-trigger the initial load w/o restarting would be nice...so I have to restart while sync is freezing

edited March 2016

Guys, make sure you don't make the mistake I made and download from the wrong links. You don't want to use the "save as zip" or clone feature from the main pages nor do you want the usual source links in the released sections. @croneter has special links directly under the title of each download.

Also for those getting it to start syncing but having it stall, try setting your number of sync threads to 1 in the options. This has helped for me and I have not had to rename any of my movies or shows. Note that I have had to force quit Kodi when it stalls but it does eventually finish scanning.

Recapping my issues as of this morning:

Very high CPU usage (50-70%)
    Constant "compressing database" pop ups
    File lists jumping around constantly (as if they are continually updating)
    Sync fro PMS to Kodi is not automatic (works from Kodi to PMS)
    Eventual crash even if just sitting idle

hstamas

• saitoh183saitoh183 Posts: 599Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Let us not all forget that this is early stage testing

for me the trick with the lower sync threads is not working, the sync "freezes" w/o any crash after a couple of items, so I have to restart, the first 100 items have been fetched fast...
    all other thinks are fine - playback, no compression message, CPU's are fine...