Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PlexKodiConnect: let Kodi talk to your Plex

Answers

• hstamashstamas Members, Plex Pass Posts: 564 Plex Pass
    edited March 2016

@bigbadrabbit said:
    It seems season posters are also not synced. They don't show up here.

On the Emby forums, their Kodi plugin had the exact same issue. The developer came up with a workaround and promised a fix to be included in their next release.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32042-emby-kodi-not-showing-season-posters/

hstamas

• bigbadrabbitbigbadrabbit Members, Plex Pass Posts: 289 Plex Pass

@hstamas said:

@bigbadrabbit said:
    It seems season posters are also not synced. They don't show up here.

I have a district memory reading on the Emby forums that their Kodi plugin had the exact same issue. The developer came up with a workaround and promised a fix to e included in their next release.

I've used Emby/Kodi until a few days ago. Never had any issues with season artwork. But this - at least for me - is real low priority right now.

And it looks like They are having the same issue with sync crashing:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/31914-library-sync-thread-has-exited/

hstamas

• MartinAylaMartinAyla Members, Plex Pass Posts: 848 Plex Pass

Anyone, besides bigbadrabbit, who can get it to sync on OS X?

/Martin

• jody2jody2 Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

Running ubuntu 14.04 with latest fresh install of kodi, installed plexkodiconnect as explained here. The plugin stops working, when I stop kodi and start it again, it starts syncing again but stops quickly again, disabled cache and artwork etc. but no dice, keeps stopping. I'm not making use of plex.tv, running plex home server on another ubuntu machine on local network, btw plexbmc works fine (i have it installed on another ubuntu machine on the same network). logs are at http://pastebin.com/33ndUrLc

• VlavesVlaves Members, Plex Pass Posts: 97 Plex Pass

Sadly I'm also not able to logon if home users are activated :( If I deactivate it seems to properly sync. Awsome work so far :) Thank you for this development, keep up the great work :)

@MartinAyla said:

I have successfully installed on a Macbook Pro running Yosemite/Jarvis 16. I changed no settings at all this time. It took 3 force quits for it to get through syncing the TV shows but it did finally finish. Fresh install of Kodi then just the 3 zip files. Nothing else.

Note that on this Mac, CPU usage is consistently 105% so obviously not usable even though I successfully synced.

hstamas

• UschiGlasUschiGlas Members, Plex Pass Posts: 70 Plex Pass
    edited March 2016

Regarding the sync freeze issue: in my case it runs fine until it meets a movie title that contains special characters (UTF-8) e.g. "Title: Exodus - Götter und Könige".
    Starting again will run until the next title with special characters should be added.

EDIT: okay, not always - in some cases it stopps without any special characters....

• csowcsow Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

@hstamas said:

@MartinAyla said:

I have successfully installed on a Macbook Pro running Yosemite/Jarvis 16. I changed no settings at all this time. It took 3 force quits for it to get through syncing the TV shows but it did finally finish. Fresh install of Kodi then just the 3 zip files. Nothing else.

Note that on this Mac, CPU usage is consistently 105% so obviously not usable even though I successfully synced.

Same here, only had to force quit once to complete the sync but CPU is running at 100% on my MBP.

I'm super exited about this connector though. It looks like it's going to be awesome once it's ready for prime time. Keep up the good work!

• cronetercroneter Members, Plex Pass Posts: 953 Plex Pass

@sylus said:
    Just for clarification. Is my understanding right, that every skin will work with this plugin as kodi thinks the libary is local?

Exactly :-)

@dspayne1 said:
    Will this work with shared servers? It syncs my library, but I get "failed to authenticate. Did you login to plex tv?" error when I try to sync the server that I share with my brother.

Yes it should. Could you log in to plex.tv successfully? Could you share your log?

@UschiGlas said:
    Regarding the sync freeze issue: in my case it runs fine until it meets a movie title that contains special characters (UTF-8) e.g. "Title: Exodus - Götter und Könige".
    Starting again will run until the next title with special characters should be added.

EDIT: okay, not always - in some cases it stopps without any special characters....

I'm also guessing that UTF-8 is the culprit for the sync issues. Thanks for the hint! I hope to push an update shortly

• VlavesVlaves Members, Plex Pass Posts: 97 Plex Pass

My Problem is that I'm only able to connect to the server if I turn off home users, then it connects.
    Keep up the great work :) That is exactly what I was waiting for :D

• dspayne1dspayne1 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 19 ✭✭

@croneter said:

@dspayne1 said:
    Will this work with shared servers? It syncs my library, but I get "failed to authenticate. Did you login to plex tv?" error when I try to sync the server that I share with my brother.

Yes it should. Could you log in to plex.tv successfully? Could you share your log?

Yes, I can log into plex.tv successfully. Here is the log xbmclogs.com/prwoo18zg

• Monstar316Monstar316 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 37 Plex Pass
    edited March 2016

I have an Ubuntu 14.04 OS with Kodi 16 Jarvis installed. Installed the dependencies and PlexKodiConnect fine and started the syncing process. It went through all my movies and music fine until it got to the TV shows section. There it would freeze and I have would have to continuously 'kill' Kodi and restart again. Eventually, after a few 'kills' of Kodi, it synced up my full libarary so that problem was solved with the 'kill' workaround.

Another issue I have is that once it's all up & running, Kodi and Plex Media Server are using a high CPU. Both use between 40%-50% each. I've not had a chance at looking at the logs yet but could be down to it continuously polling changes from Plex Media Server. I noticed that a few other users are having the same sort of issue with high CPU usage.

If you need me to send logs, let me know and I'll see about getting them uploaded in the next couple of days.

P.S. Love the effort the put on this. Great idea as been using PlexBMC but hate having to use only certain skins that are compatible with PlexBMC. At least now I can modify Kodi without having to worry too much about compatibility. Keep up the good work.

• jobskijobski Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Thanks for this great effort, I will be looking forward to a stable version. Currently using it but kept on restarting Kodi as the plugin seem to get stuck on downloading/updating.

• parkerlewisparkerlewis Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

@Monstar316 said:
    I have an Ubuntu 14.04 OS with Kodi 16 Jarvis installed. Installed the dependencies and PlexKodiConnect fine and started the syncing process. It went through all my movies and music fine until it got to the TV shows section. There it would freeze and I have would have to continuously 'kill' Kodi and restart again. Eventually, after a few 'kills' of Kodi, it synced up my full libarary so that problem was solved with the 'kill' workaround.

Another issue I have is that once it's all up & running, Kodi and Plex Media Server are using a high CPU. Both use between 40%-50% each. I've not had a chance at looking at the logs yet but could be down to it continuously polling changes from Plex Media Server. I noticed that a few other users are having the same sort of issue with high CPU usage.

Exact same results for me on Ubuntu 15.10 / Kodi 16 / PlexKodiConnect 1.0.1: initial sync got hung up on TV episodes, had to kill and restart Kodi multiple times in order to get the full TV library sync'd up. I noticed the following lines repeating over and over in the kodi.log as soon as the sync froze up:

11:21:54 T:140365088814848 NOTICE: PlexKodiConnect PlexCompanion -> Client is no longer registered
    11:21:54 T:140365088814848 NOTICE: PlexKodiConnect PlexCompanion -> PlexBMC Helper still running on port 3005

I'm also seeing high idle CPU usage from Kodi with the PlexKodiConnect addons enabled.

That being said, I'm really excited and thankful for this project as a solution for watching my Plex library from my linux-based HTPC; being able to get all of the latest Kodi player enhancements while using my shared Plex library is exactly what I've been wanting and this project fills a huge gap left by the abandonment of Plex Home Theater on Linux and PleXBMC. Thanks!

New version 1.0.2 is out here: https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConnect/releases

I have been trying really hard to crash my libraries by adding cryptic, really non-latin/ASCI movies, tvshows and songs in really messed-up ways :-). My library sync did not crash for a full day now. If YOU still manage to crash the library sync, I'm looking forward to have a look at your logs.

Secure connections (https) are now smarter - you should be able to connect to any PMS server, no matter where.

Changelog:

version 1.0.2

• Setting to turn off constant background sync
    • HTTPS!
    • Fix refreshing playlists and videonodes
    • Allow non-ASCI library names
    • Bugfix: enforce PIN for protected users
    • Enable non-ASCI PMS server name and username
    • Loads of unicode/utf-8 fixes
    • Merge with MediaBrowser/master up until 948015d43368052fbe9894a4b6e6e4e2370cdb57

version 1.0.1

• Overhaul userclient

version 1.0.0

• initial release

Silly me, hotfix is out to let correctly check for the DB version

Changelog:

version 1.0.3

• Hotfix database minimum version = 1.0.2
  • bigbadrabbitbigbadrabbit Members, Plex Pass Posts: 289 Plex Pass
    edited March 2016

Thanks for the update @croneter!

So what exactly happens now when i turn off background sync via settings? Does it mean that changes won't get synced anymore? Or only at restart?

BTW - Resnyced the whole library and got no error or freeze! Everything synced correctly in a by. :D

• Season Artwork is still missing
    • Changes from PMS --> PKC are not synced instantly (only on restart)