Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PlexKodiConnect: let Kodi talk to your Plex

Answers

• millercentralmillercentral Members, Plex Pass Posts: 69 Plex Pass

FYI, I think there is a minor issue in your first post:

Known Issues:

• Windows users: Kodi Helix 14.2 RC1 required - other versions will result in errors with recently added items etc.

I assume you actually mean Kodi Jarvis 16? Very excited to see this plugin come to light -- I've been hoping someone would do this every since the "emby approach" was introduced. :)

• hstamashstamas Members, Plex Pass Posts: 564 Plex Pass

Constant sync disabled with version 1.0.3. Let Kodi sit idle until it locked up as it has been doing since Ive started testing with the initial release. Logs attached

hstamas

• KJKingJKJKingJ Members, Plex Pass Posts: 51 Plex Pass

@croneter : I've just done a completely fresh install (stopped Kodi, deleted AppData\Roaming\Kodi, start Kodi, install support plugins + 1.0.3), but the sync is still freezing on some, rather excessively named, unicode files.

My (slightly censored) log is at http://xbmclogs.com/pyc3pm0mf , the movie on line 398 is the one that's displayed in Kodi when the sync freezes, but on line 399 another movie is listed followed by an error on line 400. I'm running Kodi 16 on Windows 10.

Thanks for your efforts on this :) If/when you do put up a donation link i'll definitely be sending you something as a thank you for your work!

Tried letting it sit and run to cache etc. and as before it locked up. there seems to be some sort of memory leak going on as I sat and watch my usuage slowly increase until it crashed. again this is with PKC enabled but with constant sync turned off. Screen shot an log attached.

hstamas

• cronetercroneter Members, Plex Pass Posts: 953 Plex Pass
    edited March 2016

@hstamas said:
    Tried letting it sit and run to cache etc. and as before it locked up. there seems to be some sort of memory leak going on as I sat and watch my usuage slowly increase until it crashed. again this is with PKC enabled but with constant sync turned off. Screen shot an log attached.

Thanks!

Ouch looks rather ugly and non-obvious. Will look into it.

Edit - could you please enable detailed kodi logs in the Kodi settings as well as PlexKodiConnect Debug log? Might help a great deal

• unn4m3dunn4m3d Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

I am running PMS on a dedicated server and I can not connect to it. No chance, tried it on another VM i just set up as well. Any ideas how to fix it? I can choose out of the two servers, but for both of them it states "Problems connecting to server. Pick another server?"

• sylussylus Members, Plex Pass Posts: 42 Plex Pass

Still problems to connect.

http://xbmclogs.com/p1h1ru2qx

@croneter said:

Background sync turned off means that you really need to either restart or do a manual full sync to get new items or a changed viewing progress from your PMS . it should help if you experience high CPU usage constantly.
    Background: as far as I know, there is no way to get the "PMS server time". This makes incremental sync a pain... I will look into it.

How about On Deck @croneter? Will that not update itself when you've finished watching a TV episode and are ready to watch the next one?

That does not work because it will only give you the latest items that were added to your PMS. It won't work for e.g. watch status or if you changed an existing PMS item.

Ah man thats really disappointing to hear. With background sync turned off I don't really see the use for PKC, at least in my setup. If it can't take advantage of syncing to a centralized server automatically then what I have going on now seems to work just the same. I have Kodi and PMS running separately and use Trakt to sync the them up.

Fingers crossed that you can figure it out.

hstamas

Edit - could you please enable detailed kodi logs in the Kodi settings as well >as PlexKodiConnect Debug log? Might help a great deal

Debug log attached @croneter. Does the plugin have its own separate log? I enabled debugging but didn't see a specific log for the plugin anywhere.

hstamas

edited March 2016

Just curious for anyone else here. What is your CPU usage when using the addon? Even at 50% utilization that kind of makes this a no go for me. Am I one of the only ones with this issue? I cant imagine so considering I have tested it on 4 different machines?

FYI @croneter Even with v1.0.3 I am still crashing when importing my TV. No odd characters that I can tell.

hstamas

• parkerlewisparkerlewis Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

@hstamas said:
    Just curious for anyone else here. What is your CPU usage when using the addon? Even at 50% utilization that kind of makes this a no go for me. Am I one of the only ones with this issue? I cant imagine so considering I have tested it on 4 different machines?

On my Ubuntu 15.10 box with a Core i3-4130 3.4 GHz I'm seeing 100% CPU usage in htop when running Kodi with PKC enabled and PKC background sync turned on.

@hstamas said:

Edit - could you please enable detailed kodi logs in the Kodi settings as well >as PlexKodiConnect Debug log? Might help a great deal

Debug log attached @croneter. Does the plugin have its own separate log? I enabled debugging but didn't see a specific log for the plugin anywhere.

Thanks! No separate log, but you could increase the log level in the settings.

Looks like memory issues...

@parkerlewis said:

@hstamas said:

On my Ubuntu 15.10 box with a Core i3-4130 3.4 GHz I'm seeing 100% CPU usage in htop when running Kodi with PKC enabled and PKC background sync turned on.

Could you also provide a detailed Kodi log please? Kindly turn on debug logging in the Kodi settings.

@sylus said:
    Still problems to connect.

http://xbmclogs.com/p1h1ru2qx

Does it help if you turn off plex companion in the settings and then restart?

Just as an FYI @croneter, most of my testing has been Windows 10 installed as a virtual machine (Parallels) on a brand new high end iMac here at work. I am currently doing a practical test on a true Windows machine (Windows 10 on an Intel i5 with 8GB of RAM) and trying to play a movie all the way through. On this "true" machine the CPU usage and memory is much lower but still quite high (30-40% usage).

I'll let you know how it goes.

hstamas

• parkerlewisparkerlewis Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

@croneter said:

@parkerlewis said:

@hstamas said:

Could you also provide a detailed Kodi log please? Kindly turn on debug logging in the Kodi settings.

Sure thing; I turned on debug logging and restarted Kodi, which has been sitting at around 75% CPU usage while sitting idle at the main menu for the past few minutes. Here's the log: http://xbmclogs.com/p5tcfxgbn

I disabled PlexKodiConnect and restarted Kodi and now it's using around 4% CPU at the main menu.

edited March 2016

Well that didn't go very well. Movie locked up tight about 30 minutes into it. Logs attached.

Has anyone else, who's been able to get past the initial sync been able to play anything all the way through?

hstamas

• xyrghxyrgh Members Posts: 42 ✭✭

@hstamas said:

@croneter said:

Background sync turned off means that you really need to either restart or do a manual full sync to get new items or a changed viewing progress from your PMS . it should help if you experience high CPU usage constantly.
    Background: as far as I know, there is no way to get the "PMS server time". This makes incremental sync a pain... I will look into it.

How about On Deck @croneter? Will that not update itself when you've finished watching a TV episode and are ready to watch the next one?

That does not work because it will only give you the latest items that were added to your PMS. It won't work for e.g. watch status or if you changed an existing PMS item.

Ah man thats really disappointing to hear. With background sync turned off I don't really see the use for PKC, at least in my setup. If it can't take advantage of syncing to a centralized server automatically then what I have going on now seems to work just the same. I have Kodi and PMS running separately and use Trakt to sync the them up.

Fingers crossed that you can figure it out.

Emby Kodi has a quick sync feature, which requires a plugin on the server, basically just keeps a delta of changes since last sync. Wondering if that might make things better in this case? Obviously would require some sort of setting/addon at the PMS end too.

@hstamas said:
    Well that didn't go very well. Movie locked up tight about 30 minutes into it. Logs attached.

Has anyone else, who's been able to get past the initial sync been able to play anything all the way through?

I did not find a single reference to PlexKodiConnect in your log, but a bunch of ERRORs from PlexBMC and other plugins. Nothing I can do there :-)

• MartinAylaMartinAyla Members, Plex Pass Posts: 848 Plex Pass

@croneter did you find a solution to the "Æ Ø Å" and "!" sign crash I posted logs for?

Thanks for all your hard work :)

/Martin