If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

There was a problem deleting this item.

leonardlawleonardlaw Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi all,

Been trying to clean up my Plex library, but having some issues with the delete capability. Tried a variety of options (documented later), to no avail.

Setup:
1. Using Plex/Web running on Mac OS/X. Server version is 0.9.16.0
2. Content is stored on a Readynas Pro 6, shared via CIFS. All data stored in the Media share, with all objects set to nouser:nogroup, with all files chmod'ed to 777
3. Can delete from Mac Finder, but not working from Plex/Web

Tried:
1. Chmoding/chowning all files
2. Deleted library and recreated/rescanned

Could not find any relevant entries in the logs, but maybe I'm not looking in the right spot.

Best Answer

Answers

• Ipn8bitIpn8bit Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Had this same deleting issue with my plex via chrome web browser. was able to do it via my TLC Roku tv. Read this, tested the ability to delete from tv but not browser. sounded like the same issue. I totally, just deleted the jail / recreated the library in FreeNAS on my BSD server.... worked great.