If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

The Project is still Alive

kingargylekingargyle Posts: 568Members ✭✭

While there hasn't been much activity here, I'm gearing back up for another round of bug fixes, and to hopefully update to some newer libraries. I'm tentatively targeting a late April release for updates. One item on the agenda is Universal Transcoder Support. I'll still keep the ability to use MX Player. Also looking at updating to better use of Android TV Leanback. I'll look at some Material Design updates as well for the the tablet implementation.

Comments

• kingargylekingargyle Posts: 568Members ✭✭

As I gear back up on this project. How many people still use Google TV devices? I'm thinking of doing one update that will still work on this device, and then ending the life of Google TV support for future updates.

• coops1967coops1967 Posts: 48Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'll be forever grateful for Serenity working flawlessly on my Minix Android box when the official Plex app was buggy and horrendous. Serenity's use of mxplayer also means it still offers better subtitle support ( size and positon for instance).

If you made Serenity for the new AppleTv that used mx player ( if it's on the ATV) or Infuse (if it supports feedback to Plex like mxplayer) - in other words an app to allow playback of ANY video format on the ATV rather than usual Apple gimped restrictions... you'd have an absolute winner I suspect ( especially as Plex themselves are apparently totally uninterested in this kind of thing ie external player support on the atv)

• coops1967coops1967 Posts: 48Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

ps forgot to mention - if you're looking to make changes, the current browse sideways to view shows is slower and way more painful than browse DOWN as per Plex ie every click on a d remote sideways only brings up 3 new shows on screen, whereas brwoseing down every click brings up a new row of 8 shows ( in plex).

• kingargylekingargyle Posts: 568Members ✭✭

@coops1967 said:
    ps forgot to mention - if you're looking to make changes, the current browse sideways to view shows is slower and way more painful than browse DOWN as per Plex ie every click on a d remote sideways only brings up 3 new shows on screen, whereas brwoseing down every click brings up a new row of 8 shows ( in plex).

Thanks, I'm going to re-working that underlying views used by Serenity to get rid of the old GalleryView and TwoWayGridViews. I'm planning to use the standard RecyclerViews which will provide overall better performance. The main reason I didn't use the up and down for the Grid views, was because it would have made it difficult to get back to the top to change Categories or change the filter.