If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex for Steam Link

Hi All,

Just wondering if there has been consideration for Plex Player\App for the Steam Link box?

It streams well and would probably work much better then my Xbox 360.

Answers

• orrinwittorrinwitt Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

ageed. just to clarify, he's talking about a native app developed using the steam link SDK released at the end of last year, NOT just adding a browser link to PHT to your steam library. this would be awesome.

• ChronoSphereFLChronoSphereFL Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This would be amazing. Its a $50 decoder box that is on ethernet and can decode high bitrate streams.

• PlexyIvarPlexyIvar Posts: 1Members

Is this the best place to track if there is any work being done to create a plex app on the steamlink ? As a noob, where would I track such things?

• PHoSawyerPHoSawyer Posts: 35Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is such a good idea. I too have an aged xbox360 JUST for watching Plex and Netflix which sounds absurd. Apparently you can use chrome as an app and then browse to it but an app in itself would be cooler.

• zombianzombian Posts: 343Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2016

https://steamcommunity.com/app/353380/discussions/1/ is probably the best place keep up to date on app progress. From what I've read there already seems to be wa working version of Kodi.

A lie can get half way across the world before the truth even gets its shoes on.

• Xen0sysXen0sys Posts: 566Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Progress for Kodi seems slow. Stuck on not getting proper hardware support. Maybe Plex can expedite some contributions for that coupled with the new Plex for Kodi addon?

• sorin.stirbusorin.stirbu Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It is a great ideea ... Plex, please go for it and build an app that will work on Steam Link!

• Taco-SupremeTaco-Supreme Posts: 10Members ✭✭

I just wanted to say I would love to see Plex for the steam link.