Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

"Your connection to the server is not fast enough to stream this video. Check your Network."

Answers

• BastardSheepBastardSheep Posts: 304Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@unraid said:
    Tested **infuse **app on my ATV4 and it works flawless!! so where can we address this issue to plex developer to fix the app?

Infuse uses its own custom player, Plex uses the ATV built-in player. Both programs may end up with the same end result (ie, video playing on your screen), but they acheive this in such different ways that you can't really compare them when something works on one but not on the other.

@Alvinger said:
    I've been having this issue for about a month. As far as I can tell it is related to transcoding of audio

I convert all my videos to the best format for ATV's to play natively (I've been doing this since before I got an ATV). I still get the issue at hand.

• unraidunraid Posts: 8Members ✭✭

Did more test with infuse-pro on all my movies that don't work on Plex on ATV4 and all plays flawless with infuse-pro!

I stay with infuse from now on :-)

• BastardSheepBastardSheep Posts: 304Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@unraid said:
    Did more test with infuse-pro on all my movies that don't work on Plex on ATV4 and all plays flawless with infuse-pro!

Infuse uses its own custom player, Plex uses the ATV built-in player. Both programs may end up with the same end result (ie, video playing on your screen), but they acheive this in such different ways that you can't really compare them when something works on one but not on the other.

Gee, I kinda feel like I'm repeating myself.

• walk0080walk0080 Posts: 2Members

Posted this elsewhere... seems multiple threads around:

Same source files on AppleTV4 via iTunes are flawless. Use Plex and frequent long and frustrating buffering issues. This is obviously a Plex software issue on the server and/or IOS app side - not my Mac, Network or AppleTV as using all the default Apple products and software does not show this bug.

Hoping for a fix... but in meantime not subscribing to any monthly fee until fixed.

My plex dont play any mp3 longer :-(

• cfletchercfletcher Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Another attempt to bump this issue...

Get new update for ATV and plex, but still same issue with movies!! Why is this not fixed?! But my MP3 plays now.

• johndeere6930johndeere6930 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've been encountering this recently streaming BD Rips from my Synology 415+ to ATV 4 when previously everything played flawlessly.
    My network is wired Gigabit, tried AC wifi and get the same issue.

Since getting this I've swapped out all my network cables, router and switches with replacements and the same problem exists. I get the dreaded message about 15 mins into a film.
    I've even been getting this on DVD rips.

My thinking is that this is a fault on the ATV 4 following an update.

Watching the same films via the PS4 and everything works perfectly.

Hopefully this can be fixed asap, until then I'll use the PS4.

• lucianpacurarlucianpacurar Posts: 4Members ✭✭

I get the same error when streaming 720p 3Mbps content with DirectPlay forced over WiFi. All other apps work just fine with the same content. Too bad, Plex is a great app, but it's not usable. This kind of stuttering and the inability to play DTS audio is a deal breaker.

• ValdhorValdhor Posts: 502Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@lucianpacurar said:
    I get the same error when streaming 720p 3Mbps content with DirectPlay forced over WiFi. All other apps work just fine with the same content. Too bad, Plex is a great app, but it's not usable. This kind of stuttering and the inability to play DTS audio is a deal breaker.

I don't quite understand why you'd buy an AppleTV to play DTS audio. It's not advertised anywhere that it can.

• lucianpacurarlucianpacurar Posts: 4Members ✭✭

@Valdhor said:

@lucianpacurar said:

I don't quite understand why you'd buy an AppleTV to play DTS audio. It's not advertised anywhere that it can.

Sorry, my bad :) A google search lead me to this thread which is in the Apple TV section. Actually I have an Android TV and it can play DTS. But the Plex client app still can't :(

• ValdhorValdhor Posts: 502Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I don't have an Android player of any description but would think it's the same as most other platforms in that Plex uses the built-in Android player to play files and it's that player that does not support DTS. I'm also thinking it's the same as AppleTV in that there are probably other apps that do support DTS and you could use one of those.

• phunkysaiphunkysai Posts: 1,157Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This. Is. Driving. Me. Mad.

• tenbelstenbels Posts: 1Members

What the **** Plex, how is this still an issue? Don't blame local network connection, everything else works fine and Plex used to work fine as well…

• katzkatz Posts: 121Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I gave up on figuring this problem out. What I did was make sure my Mac Mini doesn't goto sleep at all between 7am and 2am. I found the mini would sometimes goto sleep during playback with the latest versions. My Mac mini is basically always on now (with the media plugged in via a portable USB3 HDD)

• bryanandersonbryananderson Posts: 83Members ✭✭

Just updated my ATV and Win7 PMS to the latest versions and started getting this issue. Haven't had this in the past. All files are h.264 480p mp4s with DD and stereo audio. Perfect for an ATV. Restarting PMS makes this go away for a while, not sure what is the issue. Have a wireless connection for the ATV about 8 feet from my Airport. Wired connection on the PMS. I haven't updated software since Oct, but am getting this issue a lot with the latest versions.

edited January 18

I tested the same movies that were giving me trouble last weekend at a different location/setup. Same Apple TV software model/software, but MacOS PMS instead of Windows and faster networking (Apple TV = 802.11ac, PMS = gigabit ethernet). No issues at all. The site I was having issues was Apple TV = 802.11n, PMS 100Mbps ethernet).So now I am confused if this is an Apple TV issue, a PMS issue or a networking issue. What PMS platform are you guys running?

• joekwjoekw Posts: 6Members ✭✭
    edited January 19

Been getting this issue with 1080p content recently. Videos take ages to start playing and then a few minutes in this pop up will appear. Tried playing the same video in the Samsung Smart TV app on my KS8000 and it'll play flawlessly. Since i pretty much just use the apple TV for plex since i (usually) love the app, makes me wonder why i even have it.

• SteveMcNallySteveMcNally Posts: 316Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've given up on Apple TV because of this issue. Works okay on my iPad so that seems to cope with the network. Another official Plex player bites the dust... Shambles.

Have you tried disabling direct play? I read a few other threads that indicated this is a buffering issue with direct play. Outta town now, will try it in a few days.