If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Vizio Plex is unable to start due to an error

Plex will not connect to my PC Plex Media Server throught he TV app. After entering the pin, I get the following error..

Plex is unable to start due to an error

Error details : Uncaught exception: undefined.

"reset plex" button does nothing... Please help!

Ive unplugged the tv, deleted the app, reinstalled, logged out, and nothing is working.

Comments

• goldy281goldy281 Posts: 7Members ✭✭

Nobody else with this problem??

This is what I get.

• Chris CChris C Posts: 11,826Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

We've identified an issue that could cause that error to occur for some users and we're working to include a change for it in an app update as soon as we can. Apologies for the trouble!

Need help? Having trouble?
    » Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
    » Attach Log Files when reporting issues // See how to attach files in the forums
    » Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(no private messages for support unless requested, please)

Any update on this?

• octavioccloctavioccl Posts: 1Members

I have the same error. Please @Chris C , could you let us know when Plex find a solution to this issue?

• Chris CChris C Posts: 11,826Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

We've been unable to reproduce this issue ourselves on any of our VIZIO devices. However, we did identify an issue which we believe could very well be causing this for some users. An update with that change/fix is currently in testing and we're working hard to bring it out to everyone as quickly as possible, but we don't have a specific date to share, sorry. We're eager to get the update out ASAP.

» Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
    » Attach Log Files when reporting issues // See how to attach files in the forums

• jtpowelljtpowell Posts: 1Members

I have the same error @Chris C The problem persist after reset.
    Model Vizio D50u-D1
    Hardwired
    Plex 2.5.7

• gregkungregkun Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same thing here, it's never been this bad before, I honestly just have switched over to my Xbox cause the app on the TV is unusable at the moment. If it isn't the unable to start due to an error thing its trying to relog and get a code to link the tv again and again and again

Are you guys gonna fix this or just sit on your ****??

@goldy281 said:
    Are you guys gonna fix this or just sit on your ****??

The 2.6.3 update released yesterday should resolve the issue we previously identified. If you're still seeing the issue, then it's possible your app is unable to update itself. If you're able to do so, please:

1. uninstall the app
    2. turn off and unplug your television for ~5min to let the charge dissipate and cache clear
    3. reinstall the app

Otherwise, you may need to factory reset the television to clear all the app information (unfortunately, there isn't another method to clear app data cleanly).

Ah what do you know. It's back to working again.

• clawlessx4clawlessx4 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just started getting this error yesterday on my Vizio. Also can't see the version # in the bottom right like I used to. Was there an update on Saturday night? All other devices are working.

• ensrudrensrudr Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same error here. I just switched from Emby to Plex, maybe I shouldn't have. Sounds like this error has been going on for a long time, so guessing it won't be fixed any time soon. I just installed the Plex app for the first time on this Visio TV today, so assuming that means I got the latest version.

• asheqasheq Posts: 2Members

Hello
    I have Plex media server downloaded on my laptop. I am trying to run the Plex app on my Sony Home Theater System. However, every time I start Plex, I am redirected to a page which asks me to "Reset Plex". Even clicking the button to reset doesn't do anything. Please advise. I have recently bought the activation code for Plex so it's frustrating as to why it won't work on my home theater system.
    Thank you.

• GuernyGuerny Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass

having the same issue...
    Was working well yesterday.. then today..unable to connect
    I have reset the app, re-link the TV...error "unable to start due to an error"..
    Tv: VIZIO E48-C2

• GuernyGuerny Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass

@Guerny said:
    having the same issue...
    Was working well yesterday.. then today..unable to connect
    I have reset the app, re-link the TV...error "unable to start due to an error"..
    Tv: VIZIO E48-C2

Well... juste done factory reset of the TV..and plex is working again!

• haastahaasta Posts: 3Members

I am having this same issue as of a bout a month ago. I have reset my tv to factory. I am running on a pi3. plex is working on all my other devices, and other tvs, just not my vizio 4k. any ideas?

• jartogjartog Posts: 5Members ✭✭

I am having this issue as of today and same with all 3 of my vizio TVs

Can anyone help me with this, I have 3 Vizio smart TV's and I keep getting an error when selecting the plex app to sign into my server. When I click it it starts to come up but then says "Plex was unable to start due to an error Please reset plex" and when you hit reset plex it just makes you re sign in and has the same issue, but I also noticed if you let it sit long enough it signed in. but it will keep doing it. Also so everyone knows I have 3 ROKU 3 Boxes and they all work fine. and im wired into all equipment

• jartogjartog Posts: 5Members ✭✭

Can anyone help me with this, I have 3 Vizio smart TV's and I keep getting an error when selecting the plex app to sign into my server. When I click it it starts to come up but then says "Plex was unable to start due to an error Please reset plex" and when you hit reset plex it just makes you re sign in and has the same issue, but I also noticed if you let it sit long enough it signed in. but it will keep doing it. Also so everyone knows I have 3 ROKU 3 Boxes and they all work fine. and im wired into all equipment

• bal3wolfbal3wolf Posts: 153Members ✭✭

i have 2 vizo smart tv's doing the same crap they had been working great one thing i hate about plex they seem to break stuff then takes forever to fix what they break, App still works fine on my android and ps4.

I7 6800k@4.2Ghz 32Gigs@3200Mhz GTX 1080@2100/5600 3x 500Gig SSD Raid 0 (GAMING PC) Xeon X5675@4400Mhz 18Gigs@1680Mhz RX480 9TB In Hard drives (PLEX SERVER)