Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How to set image options in Plex on Sony Bravia

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-32W705C with Opera TV and Plex works flawlessly. The only issue is that when I launch Plex and start seeing a movie I can't tune the image quality (brightness, contrast, picture mode etc) because the "options" key on the remote opens a menu with just an option to exit from plex. In Netflix, Playstation Movies or other Opera TV apps I can access picture quality menu from the Option.

Is there a way to tweak image quality for Plex? Will it be added in future releases?

Paolo

PS: If I'm not wrong, the changes applied to the general profile while in Sony Entertainment Network page reflects on all Opera TV apps including Plex, can anyone confirm this?

Best Answer

Answers

• zpaolo11xzpaolo11x Members Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if this is the right place to ask for developers to add picture and audio controls in the "options" menu for Bravia smart TVs?

The thing I noticed is that if I set the scene to Standard, then if I change image options from the menu in the SEN screen then changes reflect in Plex. That's true only for some and not all settings though :/

• coto39coto39 Members Posts: 1

@zpaolo11x said:
    The thing I noticed is that if I set the scene to Standard, then if I change image options from the menu in the SEN screen then changes reflect in Plex. That's true only for some and not all settings though :/

I tried what you said a few minutes ago and it worked!
    I installed the app using the Opera TV Store (because the other store is a pain in the butt, scrolling takes years), then I went back to the main menu (the one in which you can change the source, or go to the app store, and so), in the apps section I used the "search" app to search "sen", opened the video that the searcher found and set the image settings there. Now the bright, colour and temperature work as they should. I used the entry "Standard" and in the row above i've selected "Common" (so that will be shared with any other app using the same entry for the type Internet(Video) (like Plex does)

@coto39 said:
    I installed the app using the Opera TV Store (because the other store is a pain in the butt, scrolling takes years),

You mean it's slow when you browse from the Sony app screen? This one?
    http://lg.220-electronics.com/media/catalog/product/s/o/sony-kdl-70w850--multi-system-smart-led-3d-tv-05.jpg
    I think anyway this is just a shortcut to the Opera Store apps, so there should be no difference between the app you install from here or from the Opera Store

then I went back to the main menu (the one in which you can change the source, or go to the app store, and so), in the apps section I used the "search" app to search "sen", opened the video that the searcher found and set the image settings there.

Ok I'm a bit confused here, what video? Because when I wrote "SEN" I meant the "Sony Entertainment Network" button you have on the remote, which brings you to that screen. Can you explain in more details or provide some screenshot? Just to better understand how all this works :)

Now the bright, colour and temperature work as they should. I used the entry "Standard" and in the row above i've selected "Common" (so that will be shared with any other app using the same entry for the type Internet(Video) (like Plex does)

Exactly what I got, but I just changed options from the icons you can see in the image I linked, on the top right in the black bar. Oh maybe your TV is a different model...