Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Requests .Net

tidusjartidusjar Posts: 33Members Plex Pass

Hello everyone,

So as you may know I have wrote a .Net version of the original Plex Requests.

I'd like to share with everyone our latest release that now supports Headphones!
https://github.com/tidusjar/PlexRequests.Net/releases/

Here is our new website!
http://tidusjar.github.io/PlexRequests.Net/

If you have any questions or issues please feel free to post here.

Thanks,
TidusJar.

Comments

• MikeG6.5MikeG6.5 Posts: 2,344Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

How about a Python version and not require all these other dependencies. Plex is written in Python, so any machine able to run Plex can also run anything written in Python. This seems to be a no brainer to me...

The only people that can run this are running what for an OS? Windows? And that's what percentage of the user base? 20%? 40%? How many could use this tool if it were in Python? EVERYONE!

• tidusjartidusjar Posts: 33Members Plex Pass

@MikeG6.5 said:
    How about a Python version and not require all these other dependencies. Plex is written in Python, so any machine able to run Plex can also run anything written in Python. This seems to be a no brainer to me...

The only people that can run this are running what for an OS? Windows? And that's what percentage of the user base? 20%? 40%? How many could use this tool if it were in Python? EVERYONE!

Hi, If someone writes a Python version then cool, but that's not going to be me.

This can run on any OS, it is using the same backend framework as a well known application called Sonarr.

• sydeburnzsydeburnz Posts: 35Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i am having an issue with the sonarr setup. i was able to setup sonarr, then when i tested adding a show, it gave an error. Tried Twin Peaks, All Seasons.

Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Cannot deserialize the current JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) into type 'PlexRequests.Api.Models.Sonarr.SonarrAddSeries' because the type requires a JSON object (e.g. {"name":"value"}) to deserialize correctly. To fix this error either change the JSON to a JSON object (e.g. {"name":"value"}) or change the deserialized type to an array or a type that implements a collection interface (e.g. ICollection, IList) like List that can be deserialized from a JSON array. JsonArrayAttribute can also be added to the type to force it to deserialize from a JSON array. Path '', line 1, position 1. at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureArrayContract(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateList(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, Object existingValue, String id) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value) at PlexRequests.Api.ApiRequest.ExecuteJson[T](IRestRequest request, Uri baseUri) in C:\projects\requestplex\PlexRequests.Api\ApiRequest.cs:line 111 at PlexRequests.Api.SonarrApi.AddSeries(Int32 tvdbId, String title, Int32 qualityId, Boolean seasonFolders, String rootPath, Int32 seasonCount, Int32[] seasons, String apiKey, Uri baseUrl) in C:\projects\requestplex\PlexRequests.Api\SonarrApi.cs:line 94

also, i did not set a quality profile because when i click the button, it takes me to a page that says:

{"result":false,"message":"You must specify a Quality Profile."}

• halorrrhalorrr Posts: 43Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Since it is written with the same backend framework as Sonarr would it be a lot of trouble to make an actually app version of it for mac? That way I can just double click it to launch and not keep a terminal window open. That's how Sonarr has it for mac.

• williamray507williamray507 Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am having the same problem with Sonarr as sydeburnz.

any word on this? also, i logged into my server today to look around and it said the app had unexpectedly closed.

Sorry guys, the notifications of this thread was ending up in my junk mail so I didn't see any of these!

There are a few bugs in the 1.6 release that we are squashing right now.

• jaycedkjaycedk Posts: 72Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 2016

Hmm I might be an dumb ass, but cant find the default admin user / password

• jaycedkjaycedk Posts: 72Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hmm guess its important to read the instructions.
    Right click the *.zip properties unblock. :-B
    Before extracting :)

• williamray507williamray507 Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any word on when you are going to get the Sonarr Get Quality Profiles working?

{"result":false,"message":"You must specify a Quality Profile.","baseUrl":null,"hasBase":false}

@williamray507 said:
    Any word on when you are going to get the Sonarr Get Quality Profiles working?

{"result":false,"message":"You must specify a Quality Profile.","baseUrl":null,"hasBase":false}

Hi,

We have just release version 1.6.1 that contains a large amount of bug fixes. Check it out!

still seems to have the issue.

there is something off with the sonaar setup page. after a few tries i was finally able to get it to pull down the quality profiles. i started from scratch and even reset the sonaar api key. might try that if you are having issues.

@sydeburnz said:
    there is something off with the sonaar setup page. after a few tries i was finally able to get it to pull down the quality profiles. i started from scratch and even reset the sonaar api key. might try that if you are having issues.

I've tried to reproduce it with no luck. What browser are you using?

when adding a tv show for testing, i am getting a pop up window that says 'undefined'

also, i have a test user i use for this kind of testing to be sure i see what my users see. it seems as though the admin link stays active and i can change admin settings as a basic plex user.

using chrome and firefox

@sydeburnz said:
    when adding a tv show for testing, i am getting a pop up window that says 'undefined'

also, i have a test user i use for this kind of testing to be sure i see what my users see. it seems as though the admin link stays active and i can change admin settings as a basic plex user.

The admin link is staying there because you are not logging out as the admin, you are only logging out as the user (there are 2 different levels of authentication, it's slightly confusing but we are working on it). If you are getting 'undefined' can you please log an issue on Github so the rest of the team can take a look too?
    Thanks

• cayarscayars Posts: 2,965Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@jaycedk said:
    Hmm guess its important to read the instructions.
    Right click the *.zip properties unblock. :-B
    Before extracting :)

I think I'm being dense. Just pulled down the zip and extracted it. Can't find install or readme/directions anywhere. Anyone help?

Thanks,
    Carlo

• CollisioncCollisionc Posts: 54Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Works great on ubuntu 15.10, the only issue is that the upstart daemon needs to be converted to systemd since upstart was killed off in 15.10.