If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

OpenFLIXR 2.0 - All-in-one Media Server (Friday, October 20, 2017)

MediaJunkieMediaJunkie Posts: 265Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

OpenFLIXR 2.0

OpenFLIXR Media Server (OpenFLIXR in short) is an all-in-one media server for downloading and serving virtually any kind of media you can think of. On the one side we have incredible useful tools to download media like CouchPotato, SickRage and Headphones, on the other side we have Plex Media Server to bring everything to your screens. Be it tablets, TVs, PCs, you name it. Everything is web based, including monitoring and management tools.

It will auto-update to keep everything running smooth and is preconfigured with sensible defaults. To be able to use OpenFLIXR, you’ll need a hypervisor like VirtualBox (Open Source), VMWare Fusion / Workstation / Player / ESXi, Parallels Desktop, KVM / unRAID or Microsoft Hyper-V.

It’s ready to go in a couple of minutes!

Get more info and download at http://www.openflixr.com

OpenFLIXR Landing Page

OpenFLIXR

Released OpenFLIXR 2.0

• Completely up-to-date packages, fixed sources and cleanup
  • Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTSR, kernel 4.11.0-14 with TCP BBR enabled
  • Preconfigured for all added stuff from the past 18 months
  • Optimised performance, stability and security improvements
  • SABnzbd 2.3 (autoupdated)
  • New: Syncthing (Security issues resolved)
  • New: Grav CMS. (You can switch between OpenFLIXR Landing page and Grav) (default user pass: openflixr / 0penFLIXR , /admin for admin panel)
  • New: Radarr
  • New: Pi-hole with Plex metrics blocked
  • New: Docker with Portainer & Watchtower

Removed

• PHPservermonitor (Replaced by Monit)
  • Wetty (use SSH)
  • NtopNG (not of added value)

Unfortunately you won’t be able to update 1.7 to 2.0, so basically you’ll have to download and configure 2.0 fresh.

This is because it was getting tedious to keep OpenFLIXR 1.x backwards compatible, since the first OpenFLIXR release there have been many fixes and features added.

OpenFLIXR 2.0

There has been a lot going on with this update, everything was re-evaluated and all code reviewed and improved on many levels.
Lot’s of features added (also under the hood) and continued focus on speed, stability and security.

There’s too much to discuss everything but I’ll mention some headlines.
I added Radarr, a great alternative to CouchPotato.

From the get-go all apps are fully functional. It’s easier to maintain and easier for you to switch or even use them at the same time, so from now on SABnzbd/NZBGet, Sickrage/Sonarr, CouchPotato/Radarr, Home-Assistant and Mopidy are all ready to go.
You decide whichever you use, all mixed configurations are supported from now on!

• Plex media server is enabled as soon as you boot up OpenFLIXR for the first time.
  • All hypervisor images are plug-and-play (no more manual editing of network interfaces) and the long awaited Hyper-V image is here.
  • Full Docker support with Portainer (Docker management UI) and Watchtower (Automatically update running Docker containers), so share your docker images and configuration on this forum. (Like how to run Organizr or Muximux for those who prefer a different HTPC Manager)
  • Or how about Grav CMS for those who like a different landing page for their OpenFLIXR.
  • A fully functional caching DNS server and ad blocker for your local network with the help of Pi-hole, used by OpenFLIXR itself to stop those pesky spies over @ Plex.

After you downloaded 2.0 and powered it on for the first time, let it sit there for a couple of minutes after which you should go to /setup and follow the setup wizard. When everything is done (~ 15 minutes) and OpenFLIXR has been restarted, go to /admin and change the admin password of Grav. (default user pass: openflixr / 0penFLIXR)

Switch between OpenFLIXR and Grav:
sudo nano /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/reverse

Comment out the following lines by adding # in front of them:
location = / { #gravopenflixr
auth_basic off; #gravopenflixr
return 301 /openflixr; #gravopenflixr
} #gravopenflixr

Important
Because I wanted to push out this version as soon as possible, a few corners have been cut regarding OpenFLIXR Setup Wizard.

Like how Couchpotato and Sickrage are defaulted, switching between Grav and OpenFLIXR Landing Page and changing Grav admin password.

I’m working on it, OpenFLIXR Setup Wizard will have my full attention the next 4 weeks.

Comments

• Jig_SawJig_Saw Posts: 43Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So a nice thing ! If you need a beta tester i'm very interested about it.
    I've a few questions for you:

• Do you plan to include Sonarr ?
    • Are you using docker to run your media server ?
    • Do you plan to include Jackett (universal torrents tracker support for Sonarr/CouchPotato/Sickrage and more)
    • Do you plan to include Muximux ?

Thanks you for your efforts ! ;)

• MediaJunkieMediaJunkie Posts: 265Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Jig_Saw said:
    So a nice thing ! If you need a beta tester i'm very interested about it.

Great! I'll have a beta ready in 24 hours, I will PM you the details.

I've a few questions for you:

• Do you plan to include Sonarr ?

Not for the first release, but I will add it in the next release so people can choose.

• Are you using docker to run your media server ?

No, I use a virtual machine which I export as an OVA file you can use with any hypervisor you like.

• Do you plan to include Jackett (universal torrents tracker support for Sonarr/CouchPotato/Sickrage and more)

I was thinking about it, but now that there's at least one person that will use it, I will in the next version.

• Do you plan to include Muximux ?

Not sure yet.

Thanks you for your efforts ! ;)

You're welcome :)

• radarradar Posts: 520Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Seems great. I'd like to be a beta tester.

• Jonn3yJonn3y Posts: 158Members ✭✭

+1 for beta tester :)

Server: HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 - Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 V2 @ 3.50GHz - 2x4GB RAM
    OS: Debian 8.3 aka Jessie - 500GB SSD - 2x6TB + 2x3 TB HDD - Plex Media Server: Version 1.3.4.3285 PlexPy: Version 1.4.15 
    Clients: LG TV (2011) with "Plex for LG (NetCast)" - Macbook Pro 13" Retina - iMac - OpenPHT (latest) - Raspberry Pi B - Rasplex - 3x AndroidPhablet
  • jkabergjkaberg Posts: 158Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

IMHO an docker-compose setup would be a lot better (and initially harder) in the long run

Anyhow good work :-)

This is what I initially have to offer. I might migrate to a docker setup in the long run but my first concern is to have it all just work :)
    I'm really excited what OpenFLIXR could be in 6 months!

• TATUMTOTTATUMTOT Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Would also like to be considered for beta testing. currently use a majority of the apps you have integrated into OpenFLIXR

Thank you

Will OpenFLIXR get a dedicated webpage for all the services? Like a "Frames"-Page or whatever? If yes, some screenshots would be nice :D

Server: HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 - Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 V2 @ 3.50GHz - 2x4GB RAM
    OS: Debian 8.3 aka Jessie - 500GB SSD - 2x6TB + 2x3 TB HDD - Plex Media Server: Version 1.3.4.3285 PlexPy: Version 1.4.15 
    Clients: LG TV (2011) with "Plex for LG (NetCast)" - Macbook Pro 13" Retina - iMac - OpenPHT (latest) - Raspberry Pi B - Rasplex - 3x AndroidPhablet

Screenshots will be provided before going live.
    OpenFLIXR uses HTPC-Manager as interface for all services.
    https://github.com/Hellowlol/HTPC-Manager

• Jig_SawJig_Saw Posts: 43Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@jkaberg said:
    IMHO an docker-compose setup would be a lot better (and initially harder) in the long run

Anyhow good work :-)

Could be great, many of my friends asked me to do a such thing, but i'dont have time to automate and release it.

@Jonn3y said:
    Will OpenFLIXR get a dedicated webpage for all the services? Like a "Frames"-Page or whatever? If yes, some screenshots would be nice :D

By including Muximux why not ;)

Screenshot

edited April 2016

@MediaJunkie :D Maybe add the screenshot into the first post! :D So the people will see it really quick for first time! (I like to see directly what i can get and may others too)

• MAJ-5MAJ-5 Posts: 80Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have high hopes for this, really well done!

You should add nzbget and sonarr though!

Many users have shifted away from memory hungry SABnzbd+ and SickBeard/SickRage

Updated first post, public beta is released.

edited April 2016

For everyone who can't wait for the VirtualBox/Parallels-Release:
    Here is some HowTo-Convert to VirtualBox/Parallels
    http://www.openflixr.com/forum/discussion/5/converting-vmware-ova-to-virtualbox-parallels

Don't forget to start the firsttime-script afterwards:
    sudo bash /opt/openflixr/firsttime

-> Converted Files are uploading :) !
    Have fun!

• dbbdarkdbbdark Posts: 162Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 2016

i running it now om virtualbox but not allowed to change interfaces .... how to fix ? when i aunch firsttime script server rebooting ?

Also with sudo he says command not found and with nano i'm not allowed to change

edited April 2016

woops: in the howto there is a "nano" missing at this line "sudo /etc/network/interfaces"
    correct is: sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces

1. ifconfig -a
      -> now it shows something like: enp0sXX : XX = 17 for me.
    2. sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
      -> now replace eno16777736 with enp0s17, looks like:
      auto enp0s17 iface enp0s17 inet dhcp
    3. sudo rm /run/network/ifstate.eno16777736
    4. sudo reboot now .... ifup enp0s17 should work too!

Edited the HowTo :) Thanks

PS: You can't start the firsttime script without chaning the interface-settings! The script needs a networkconnection :D

• dbbdarkdbbdark Posts: 162Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

working now thnx

• Thunder7gaThunder7ga Posts: 140Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Interesting idea...will be keeping tabs on this as it progresses.

Windows 10 Professional - Intel i7-7700 - 12TB storage - Stablebit DrivePoo/SnapRAID
    Thunder7ga Media Server Build Info

The VirtualBox-File is online now!
    Known Issue: Netdata crashes maybe. Try sudo /opt/netdata/usr/sbin/netdata to restart.