If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Duplicate Camera Uploads

darren-woodsdarren-woods Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The iphone app seems to be uploading duplicate photos to my server. If photo_01.jpg exists already, it will upload another one named photo_01-1.jpg and they are both the same exact photo. Anybody else have this issue?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• usulsuspctusulsuspct Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ditto - this has been happening forever, that and the photos dont upload in the background. This is the one outlier where Android seems to have better app support.

Current Setup:

CPU: AMD FX 6300 3.5GHz (Six Core)
    Mem: 2 x 4GB DDR3 1300Mhz
    HD: 120 GB Sandisk SSD
    Media HD: 6 x 1TB FreeNAS

• stevemarriestevemarrie Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here - really disappointing that it hasn't been fixed yet!

Does anyone know if this has been resolved - they keep promoting the benefits - but it keeps duplicating files!

• jriggzjriggz Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It doesn't seem to be resolved and it seems like a problem that has existed for a very long time.

• usulsuspctusulsuspct Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yea. This is still an issue, wife's iPhone currently uploading over 1200 photos - again. So I will have to weed out these duplicates yet again.

The rapid release of new features is great, but it seems as yesterday's features are left behind and often broken for the new "shiny".

Current Setup:

CPU: AMD FX 6300 3.5GHz (Six Core)
    Mem: 2 x 4GB DDR3 1300Mhz
    HD: 120 GB Sandisk SSD
    Media HD: 6 x 1TB FreeNAS

• stanmarlinstanmarlin Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here. I'm on version 4.5. First the Camera Upload seems to turn itself off once in a while. Then when I turn it back on it starts scanning and starts uploading photos and videos it had previously uploaded. In my upload folder I have duplicates with "-1.jpg", "-2.jpg" appended to them.

• fourleggedfishfourleggedfish Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2016

Same issues here. Just did my first photo sync and as soon as it was finished, it started to upload the entire set again. I also noticed that it will pause when the app is backgrounded (e.g., you switch to a different app or the screen goes to sleep). These both essentially break the functionality of the camera upload feature, which is the only reason I decided to buy a lifetime Plex Pass.

Can a dev jump in and at least update us on whether or not this is being addressed, and how we can keep up to date on the progress of a fix?

Please, please, please get this resolved.

PMS Version 1.2.7.2987 on Server 2012 R2
    Plex App Version 4.5 on IOS 10.1.1

@fourleggedfish said:
    Same issues here. Just did my first photo sync and as soon as it was finished, it started to upload the entire set again. I also noticed that it will pause when the app is backgrounded (e.g., you switch to a different app or the screen goes to sleep). These both essentially break the functionality of the camera upload feature, which is the only reason I decided to buy a lifetime Plex Pass.

Can a dev jump in and at least update us on whether or not this is being addressed, and how we can keep up to date on the progress of a fix?

Please, please, please get this resolved.

PMS Version 1.2.7.2987 on Server 2012 R2
    Plex App Version 4.5 on IOS 10.1.1

There are now a few threads on this issue - I think it is really "ordinary" that they keep promoting this feature when it clearly does not work! Come on developers we all require a fix NOW!

If anyone can get this to work please let me know how - https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/203167727-Set-Up-Camera-Upload-iOS-

They always make it sound 'nice n easy' .....................

The latest attempt of a fix now has it trying to upload ONLY from the cloud. I don't have any of my photos in the cloud - they are on my iPhone in the camera roll.

How on earth can they promote this AND sell memberships when the product does not work?

Have just spent a few hours resetting all camera upload settings and am happy to report that it appears to be now working! I reset the Camera Upload in the advanced settings area and setup complete new folders for the upload. It now renames files with date / time and has not replicated any files. I will report any further issues if they come to hand. The app version I am using is 4.11