If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Sync Transcoding Only 1 at a time

chaosmakerchaosmaker Posts: 471Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi All,

I have this weird issue that it seems that my Plex Server (PMS 0.9.16.4) only seems to allow 1 parallel transcoding process. For example, if I ask to Sync a specific video to a device and I play something that needs transcoding then the sync job slows down to the point where you could consider it not running at all. If I first watch something and then ask to sync something then the video is just stuck in "waiting to be converted" until the transcode process stops.

In any of these cases my CPU usage doesn't go beyond 10% (Core i5 6600).
I'm sure I used to have direct play, 2 simultaneous transcodes and no issues with sending something to a sync with my previous i7-950 or with previous PMS version on the same system.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Or have something recently changed in the way Plex manages syncs/transcodes?

Thanks