If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex does not start with my NAS (Asustor 6204)

steinarostlidsteinarostlid Posts: 16Members ✭✭

Everytime i restart my nas, I have to manually go into app center and then disable plex and then enable it again. Then i can use plex normally.

Why can't it start automatically?

Best Answer

Answers

• dngraphismedngraphisme Posts: 42Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 2016

Hi Nero i have the similar issue. For the moment i didnt find the solution ... Look my post. I think this problem come to the hibernation of the Nas...

MAJ1: The problem is not the disk hibernation ... I have not found a solution yet... :/

• fournexusfournexus Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Great posts, but i am currently using an AS6102T with ADM 3.0. Using winscp, I do not see " /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/plexmediaserver/CONTROL." To the best of your knowledge, do you know if they have change the directories in the new ADM?

• MikeG6.5MikeG6.5 Posts: 2,434Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex Media Server itself makes the folder when you do the initial install of the app. As far as I know the path hasn't changed. (In fact just verified it on my 7004T.) I also responded to your post on the Asustor forums.

If you want we could set up a Teamviewer session to let me take a look at it. From there we might be able to find the folder and you may find a few neat things as well.

• alekdavisalekdavis Posts: 79Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@MikeG6.5 said:
    (In fact just verified it on my 7004T.)

Hi MikeG6.5. How do you like Plex running on your 7004T? Is it -i3 or -i5? (Thinking about buying one, but cannot find any reviews.) Thanks.