Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Does Web App Support Gapless Audio Playback?

5M177Y5M177Y Members Posts: 10 ✭✭

I'm looking for a way to listen to music (FLAC files), in a windowless / minimised manor (on a Mac). I'm thinking the web app might be the obvious choice, but am concerned that playback might not be gapless.

Best Answer

Answers

• horvathorvat Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12 Plex Pass
    edited April 2016

Are there any plans to implement the feature?

• kruxkrux Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

+1 for gapless web-playback.
    Same idea as 5M177Y, cant find a better player than the web interface on mac! Also tried Plex Media Player - in window mode, but it hijacks the audio from all other apps.

• pchc_lxpchc_lx Members Posts: 7 ✭✭

+1 for this. I always assumed I must have configured my library in a less than optimal way, or was otherwise missing something basic. Pretty shocked to see this as a straight-up unsupported feature.

Gapless playback has been a 'goes-without-saying' standard in every audio player for a long, long time. iTunes (!!) the bastion of cutting-edge boundary-pushing new features (ha!) implemented this TEN YEARS ago (source). And of course players like Foobar, Spotify & etc all support this extremely basic feature and have for a very long time.

Perhaps the devs could give this a read.

• rynnyrrynnyr Members Posts: 2

+1 for gapless playback on web as well.

This is really my only issue with Plex. I listen to a lot of live recordings, and the gap between songs really takes away from the feel of them.

• thefieryshadowthefieryshadow Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass

+1 from me, also. I have a lot of electronic albums with tracks mixed together, and it would be great to not have the gap of silence in between such tracks.

• hahacharadehahacharade Members, Plex Pass Posts: 20 Plex Pass

+1 for gapless

• jtmichaelsonjtmichaelson Members Posts: 2

+1 for gapless audio

• arglborpsarglborps Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

+1000 for gapless audio.
    I'm listening lately to a lot of older concept albums and it really hurts…

• chrishoagechrishoage Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 73 Plex Employee

Gapless Playback is next-to-impossible to achieve in a web browser.

However, Gapless Playback is on our radar for support in Plex Media Player. However I have no ETA on when.

• XSpiritusXXSpiritusX Members Posts: 1

Will be looking forward to this. I was actually about to push the button on purchasing a plex pass when it occurred to me that I should make sure gapless playback is supported first.

Best of luck. Hope to be getting this soon.