Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Adobe HDS - supported by Plex yet?

sewalshsewalsh Posts: 2Members

I've searched the forums & the last reference I find is some folks discussing Australia's iView channel website using Adobe HDS and Plex doesn't support it. That was from January 2015.

I'm in the midst of writing a channel for a website that uses Adobe HDS. Is there a way to pull down the manifest and play the video file? Any tips or hints are greatly appreciated.

Answers

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,559Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

As far as I can tell Adobe HDS is not (yet??) supported.

• Rico26Rico26 Posts: 1Members

Hello,

I am currently looking to fix Pluzz plugin. Pluzz service (French TV) switched to Adobe HDS streaming format recently which broke the plugin.

Does Plex plan to support Adobe HDS soon for plugin development ?

Thanks for your help !

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,559Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

HDS is not supported and there are no plans (afaik). What happens if you visit the source website and send a different user agent header such as an iPad/iOS one? There's a chance that it will return a different version of the videos.