Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

TvDB is not finding matches

Hi I have been using Plex for a while now and it's been fantastic but over the last few days I've been having issues with tvdb matches. The server is not identifying them automatically and even when I go as far too copy and paste the title from the tvdb website to manually match Plex still cannot find the show.

Any help would be great.

Tagged:

Answers

• LuxferroLuxferro Posts: 290Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I think Plex broke all the agents somehow... lets hope a ninja sees this soon, so we don't have to wait forever for a fix.

U-NAS NSC-800 ● Supermicro X10SDV-F ● Xeon D 1540 ● 16GB ECC DDR4 ● LSI 9211-8i ● Samsung XP941 M.2. SSD ● 4 x Toshiba 5TB PH3500U-1I72 ● ESXI 6.0
    VM1 = Synology DSM 5.1-5055 ● Plex PMS
    VM2 = Ubuntu 14.04.1
    VM3 = Windows 8.1 WMC

• JordanHarrisJordanHarris Posts: 151Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've had a matching problem recently too. For now, just click on the show and use the Fix Incorrect Match feature.

• brojoejoebrojoejoe Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem here. It's not matching at all and Fix Incorrect Match doesn't find anything - if it was that easy.... Movie Database does work though but I don't want to use that.

• marcos.castanymarcos.castany Posts: 1Members

Same here :(

• peterjaclarkpeterjaclark Posts: 132Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 2016

It's not Plex who broke it per-se. Google removed the search APIs that Plex's TheTVDB agent used. When there is not a 100% perfect match with the TheTVDB title, the agent did a series of Google searches to find near-miss matches that it could then present as possible matches. It can no longer do that. If you check your log files (\Plex Media Server\Logs\PMS Plugin Logs\com.plexapp.agents.thetvdb.log) you will see the queries to ajax.googleapis.com and the errors that it produces.

I think that whilst Freebase was working, it covered up the gaping hole that left. Now that Freebase has gone, it's really visible.

Plex need to switch to the newer Google CSE API - but that is a paid service for more than 100 searches a day.

Their other choice is to improve their own matching engine against the copy of the TheTVDB they use to allow partial matches.

• Stewie GriffinStewie Griffin Posts: 234Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem here.

I've been manually going in to fix incorrect match but even after I select the correct tv show it doesn't always download the posters and episode info.

I hope this gets fixed soon

• IguanaC64IguanaC64 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 2016

Even exact matches are having issues. I have copy/pasted the title for "Hunter x Hunter (2011)" straight from TheTVDB and Plex still can't find it. Hama works, but I would prefer TVDB gets fixed.

Would be nice if you could type in the TVDB show ID#.

I'm running PMS v1.0.0.2261.

Edit: Ok...so...I thought I had tried this before (before updating PMS...don't know if that made a difference). I typed in the show ID# on the search from the TVDB link for the show and it found it.

• cstoutcstout Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@IguanaC64 Thank you for your tip on searching with the ID from thetvdb. That's a good enough work around for now. Just wish Plex would be forthcoming about these issues as I know I've had this exact issue multiple versions in the past. :-/

• Skønne BertaSkønne Berta Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have this same problem - any fixes on the horizon?
    I cannot get the workaround with show ID to work - where do you paste the ID? - in the search options of 'match' or where? When I do that, I get a 'No match found'. Even when I find a match by searching TVDB for the title, the agent does not download any metadata or covers.

PMS Version 1.0.2.2413 (Plex Pass)
    Mac OS 10.11.6 (15G31)

Any help is appreciated :-)

• Skønne BertaSkønne Berta Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 2016

@IguanaC64 said:
    Even exact matches are having issues. I have copy/pasted the title for "Hunter x Hunter (2011)" straight from TheTVDB and Plex still can't find it. Hama works, but I would prefer TVDB gets fixed.

Would be nice if you could type in the TVDB show ID#.

I'm running PMS v1.0.0.2261.

Edit: Ok...so...I thought I had tried this before (before updating PMS...don't know if that made a difference). I typed in the show ID# on the search from the TVDB link for the show and it found it.

Can you expand a little on where you write the show ID?

• yeyeokeyeyeoke Posts: 40Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having issues aswell, mostly with 2 shows weirdly. Kingdom (2014) and ****&Drugs&Rock&Roll. Everytime either of these shows get a new episode imported it shows up as "Episode *" and I have to manually match the show and rescan.

• pajaczpajacz Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass ✭✭

Well, shows like "Mr. Robot" are simple not matched. Because it searches for "Mr Robot" and will not find a match. There may more issues. I do have my own "patched" version of this Agent and have to rewrite it after every upgrade to keep it working is it should.

• pajaczpajacz Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass ✭✭
    edited August 2016

Also diacritics is a issue for bundled version of Agent. So no match for series like "Reportérka".

• javitujavitu Posts: 21Members ✭✭

same here guys.

• dedensdedens Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 2016

I am finding the same issue with Mr. Robot. Season 2 episodes 1-4 show in the same Plex Tv location but episode 5 shows in a separate plex tv location. All episodes are in the same folder on the server. Can anyone send me the step by step work around?

Same issues with the show the Fosters.

• jmancinajmancina Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having the same issue but with Game of Thrones. It'll match the show but none of the episode information, images or show description appear.

• seb01380seb01380 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same problem on my Synology and Shield Tv Server, but not on the same Tv Show !!!! :(

• anthonyjflynnanthonyjflynn Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same Problem Star Trek Enterprise. I even tried typing in the show ID number in the search field, but that did not work either. When is this going to be fixed?

• afh414afh414 Posts: 30Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is still broken, correct?

• kunhalilkunhalil Posts: 4Members

I am facing this issue as well with 'Tyrant'. Come on people, someone have a solution?