If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Will Plex and paired apps let me see a menu of file names only as sorted to my Drobo subdirectories?

ln IN dcln IN dc Posts: 1Members

A deal killer for me, that I'd like to know about before installing Plex, is whether or not I can natively (or select from setup) have displayed on my receiver/player device nothing more than the file names in the directories/subdirectory hierarchy on my server, among which I want to navigate. The icons/graphic images of the first image in a file that is a recording of a TV program are useless - usually generated from the program that proceeds the one I downloaded. With thousands of files, the graphic for each mean endless navigation. I want to simply click on the file name that I want to play (each file is already named with the program title, date & time broadcast). I've sorted them into subdirectories by group (i.e., news, documentaries, movies, sports), and I narrow my selections that way.

I have WD TV devices connected to watch the computer video files on my TVs - and the menu I see with this kind of device is just fine - setup lets one select graphic or text file name display. I would like a server installed on my Drobo paired with apps on desktop and tablet computers and smartphones that show text names the same way - nothing more.

Thanks in advance.