If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

I'm trying to understand a recurring PLEX log in my UNRAID logs

Avasquez2001Avasquez2001 Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello, I am constantly getting this event in my UNRAID logs (attached)

May 16 12:54:01 THOR shfs/user: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/cache/appdata/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Cache/Transcode/Sessions/plex-transcode-Plex1GU4A1020951-73c51fc1-15ee-4af1-bc88-3b20aa0a8e22 (39) Directory not empty
May 16 12:55:15 THOR shfs/user: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/cache/appdata/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Cache/Transcode/Sessions/plex-transcode-Plex1GU4A1020951-73c51fc1-15ee-4af1-bc88-3b20aa0a8e22 (39) Directory not empty

I'm not really sure what it means or if it is normal. I'm wondering if anyone can help me understand it. Thanks

Answers

• gavincalawaygavincalaway Posts: 49Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

what was happening? experiencing the same thing and can't seem to find out what to do

• DeaeratorDeaerator Posts: 59Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

You should be posting this over at the UnRaid forums.

https://forums.lime-technology.com/forum/55-general-support/

• thorildthorild Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Having the same problem. unRAID forums are saying to ask on the Plex forums.

• LeifggLeifgg Posts: 53Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It looks like a problem related to the transcoder settings. These settings are made in the Plex app as well as the unRAID Plex container. Without knowing the actual settings its hard to say why you have a problem but I will share my settings.

I am running the Plex Inc container on my unRAID server so in case you are using a different Plex container your settings could be different from mine.

Transcoding is normally done to a folder on your server and preferably to the cache drive (if you have one) and an SSD is better than a spinner.

Transcoding can also be done to RAM even if this not really recommended. Transcoding can require a lot of space and there is a risk of running out of RAM causing a crash of the system.

The first picture shows my settings for transcoding to a folder. The folder (Transcode) is located in the user share appdata on my cache drive (shown as Host Path:). The Container Path: /transcode is what is visible to the Plex app as shown on the third picture.

The second picture shows Transcoding to RAM by setting the Host Path: to /tmp. The Container Path: /transcode is the same.

unRAID server 6.5.2 with Plexinc PMS Docker ver 1.13.1