If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[Beta-Release] PHP Library Presenter for PLEX [PLPP] (v0.9 beta)

13

Comments

  • mlocher75mlocher75 Posts: 53Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 2016

    Version 0.9 (beta) has been released (see first post):

    Revision history

    v0.9 (beta)

    • "Error message not showing up if plex server settings are wrong" corrected
    • Timeout if plex server is not reachable set to 30 seconds
    • Rewrote function to load images now using cURL. Should load images slightly faster and work also via https if no OpenSSL installed.
    • Added search function
  • pikeupepikeupe Posts: 110Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    Hello

    thank you for the update works perfect

  • scantemscantem Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    This is excellent and exactly what I was looking for, thanks :)

    Do you have any plans for putting the code into a git repository for easier updating? I'm looking at building a Docker container for it and would make grabbing the latest version much easier.

  • mlocher75mlocher75 Posts: 53Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    @scantem

    You are welcome. I am pleased to see, that others are looking for such a program too and that my project finds recognition.

    Regarding git: I never have used git or similar software for version controlling. I took a look at git once but it seemed quite difficult to use and honestly I did not understand the concept of branches and commits. Therefore and because this is currently my only programming project, I don't think it is worth the time for me to learn how to use it. Sorry!

  • catellocatello Posts: 58Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    hi @mlocher75, good job!
    would be very usefull if you implement the possibility to sync the selected movies with an external drive, like do plex downloader that work great but have very poor interface
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/115593/beta-plex-downloader-desktop-sync/p1

  • mlocher75mlocher75 Posts: 53Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    @catello

    Thanks for your compliment!
    Unfortunately I have to tell you that I have absolutely no intention to implement such a functionality. As stated in my initial post, the very reason for this program was to present the library to my relatives and friends WITHOUT the possibility for them to download or watch the movies.

  • jrdnlcjrdnlc Posts: 51Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    I need a little bit of help with this. I downloaded the file, unzipped it and copied it to my nginx www folder.

    I renamed the folder to "new" and i can access domain.com/new/settings.php and set it up. But, when i go to domain.com/new it loads but I get a blank page.

    I can't for the life of me figure out whats going on. Been trying for a few hours.

    Thank you in advance for the help

    unRAID: 6.3.5 Pro
    MB: Supermicro X9DR7 l CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2680 l RAM: 128GB DDR3 ECC

  • mlocher75mlocher75 Posts: 53Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    @jrdnlc said:
    But, when i go to domain.com/new it loads but I get a blank page.

    Can you describe this a little bit in more detail?
    Do you see the title on top and the menu bar on the left or is the complete page blank? (a screenshot or link to your page would be helpful)
    Is the debug mode (/settings.php -> User Settings -> Debug) set to "True"? If not, set it to "True" and see whether you have any PHP errors when loading the page. You will maybe have to view the HTML source of the loaded page to see them.

  • jrdnlcjrdnlc Posts: 51Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    @mlocher75 said:

    @jrdnlc said:
    But, when i go to domain.com/new it loads but I get a blank page.

    Can you describe this a little bit in more detail?
    Do you see the title on top and the menu bar on the left or is the complete page blank? (a screenshot or link to your page would be helpful)
    Is the debug mode (/settings.php -> User Settings -> Debug) set to "True"? If not, set it to "True" and see whether you have any PHP errors when loading the page. You will maybe have to view the HTML source of the loaded page to see them.

    No title on the menu bar or anything. Just a complete blank page. I turned on debug mode and when I try accessing the page it gives me this error:

    Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in /config/www/new/php/class.plexAPI.php on line 614
    Call to undefined function curl_init()

    unRAID: 6.3.5 Pro
    MB: Supermicro X9DR7 l CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2680 l RAM: 128GB DDR3 ECC

  • mlocher75mlocher75 Posts: 53Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    OK, so your PHP installation is missing the required cURL extension.
    See here: http://www.tomjepson.co.uk/enabling-curl-in-php-php-ini-wamp-xamp-ubuntu/
    Or google for it...

  • jrdnlcjrdnlc Posts: 51Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    @mlocher75 said:
    OK, so your PHP installation is missing the required cURL extension.
    See here: http://www.tomjepson.co.uk/enabling-curl-in-php-php-ini-wamp-xamp-ubuntu/
    Or google for it...

    Thanks. Curl wasn't even installed so I had to install it manually and now it's working great other than the thumbnails. Do they take a few minutes to fetch?

    unRAID: 6.3.5 Pro
    MB: Supermicro X9DR7 l CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2680 l RAM: 128GB DDR3 ECC

  • mlocher75mlocher75 Posts: 53Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    The thumbnails should normally start showing up immediately.
    However, if image caching is enabled in the settings, the first time a thumbnail is loaded, it is saved to the cache directory on the web server. Therefore it might take quite some time until all thumbnails are loaded and they might show up slowly one after the other. Once the images are cached the images should then load much faster.
    If image caching is disabled, the thumbnails are not saved to the web server but loaded every time directly from the plex server. Also in this case it might take some time until all thumbnails are loaded and they might show up slowly one after the other.
    If you do not see any thumbnails at all, try to connect to the plex server in plain http (/settings.php -> Plex Server -> Secure connection -> http://).

  • jrdnlcjrdnlc Posts: 51Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2016

    @mlocher75 said:
    The thumbnails should normally start showing up immediately.
    However, if image caching is enabled in the settings, the first time a thumbnail is loaded, it is saved to the cache directory on the web server. Therefore it might take quite some time until all thumbnails are loaded and they might show up slowly one after the other. Once the images are cached the images should then load much faster.
    If image caching is disabled, the thumbnails are not saved to the web server but loaded every time directly from the plex server. Also in this case it might take some time until all thumbnails are loaded and they might show up slowly one after the other.
    If you do not see any thumbnails at all, try to connect to the plex server in plain http (/settings.php -> Plex Server -> Secure connection -> http://).

    I tried everything you suggested and thumbnails still don't load. Not sure what the issue is
    Here is the error I got from chrome console: http://hastebin.com/xenufuyopu.js

    unRAID: 6.3.5 Pro
    MB: Supermicro X9DR7 l CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2680 l RAM: 128GB DDR3 ECC

  • jjrjr1jjrjr1 Posts: 1,762Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    This is really cool

    Now gotta find a way to use it..

  • TMHollandTMHolland Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    used my godaddy set up. The only issue I keep having is no matter what i set my server to it wont connect and keeps giving me the cant connect to server error.

  • JLavauJLavau Posts: 5Members ✭✭

    @mlocher75 Many thank for your app, i like it.
    It's a great job.

  • seanvree81seanvree81 Posts: 130Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    is this still active?

  • seanvree81seanvree81 Posts: 130Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    @mlocher75

    Windows 10E X64
    Webserver: IIS 10

    Do you know why I'm getting this error in the browser?

    Seems that I can get to the front end, but oddly when using a Chrome incognito session, I get this error.

    index.php:71 Uncaught TypeError: $(...).trunk8 is not a function
        at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (index.php:71)
        at c (jquery-1.10.2.min.js:2)
        at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery-1.10.2.min.js:2)
        at Function.ready (jquery-1.10.2.min.js:2)
        at HTMLDocument.q (jquery-1.10.2.min.js:2)
    

  • mlocher75mlocher75 Posts: 53Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    @seanvree@hotmail.com said:
    is this still active?

    Still want to include some functionality but unfortunately don't have time to do so for the time being. I will certainly fix errors e.g. if the API changes.

    @seanvree@hotmail.com said:

    Do you know why I'm getting this error in the browser?

    Seems that I can get to the front end, but oddly when using a Chrome incognito session, I get this error.

    This is a JavaScript error. I did not do the JavaScript myself but used some free jquery plugins. So I actually can't help you on this error.
    My guess is that the incognito mode prevents chrome from loading the jquery library which is required to execute the jquery plugins.

  • seanvree81seanvree81 Posts: 130Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    @mlocher75 said:

    @seanvree@hotmail.com said:
    is this still active?

    Still want to include some functionality but unfortunately don't have time to do so for the time being. I will certainly fix errors e.g. if the API changes.

    @seanvree@hotmail.com said:

    Do you know why I'm getting this error in the browser?

    Seems that I can get to the front end, but oddly when using a Chrome incognito session, I get this error.

    This is a JavaScript error. I did not do the JavaScript myself but used some free jquery plugins. So I actually can't help you on this error.
    My guess is that the incognito mode prevents chrome from loading the jquery library which is required to execute the jquery plugins.

    @mlocher75 , well it's a great project! I hope you find time to dev more!

    As far as the error, I actually get the error both incognito and not, but the diff is when using incognito, randomly I can't get to the front page which displays all the libraries - it will be replaced with an error similar to "unable to display libraries, check your PLEX settings" or something to that effect. I can't get the error right now as it seems to be working.

Sign In or Register to comment.