If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[Beta-Release] PHP Library Presenter for PLEX [PLPP] (v0.9 beta)

124»

Comments

• mlocher75mlocher75 Posts: 53Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 16

@mlocher75 , well it's a great project! I hope you find time to dev more!

Thanks, I hope so too.

As far as the error, I actually get the error both incognito and not, but the diff is when using incognito

Had a short look and found the reason for the JavaScript error. I will fix it in a next release. Thanks for pointing out this error to me.

randomly I can't get to the front page which displays all the libraries - it will be replaced with an error similar to "unable to display libraries, check your PLEX settings" or something to that effect. I can't get the error right now as it seems to be working.

The error occurs when the php script cannot connect to the Plex server. If it only occurs randomly there might be some random connection issues.

• seanvree81seanvree81 Posts: 119Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@mlocher75 said:

The error occurs when the php script cannot connect to the Plex server. If it only occurs randomly there might be some random connection issues.

Humm, it might be related to the JS problem, because I get this error on the same server that Plex is running on, so, I doubt it's a connection issue.

I'll wait for the next release? Not trying to be pushy or anything, but have any time frame estimate when that might be @mlocher75 ?

• fma965fma965 Posts: 3Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 11

well i fixed the javascript error,

add this line
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/trunk8.min.js"></script>

after this line
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/bootstrap.min.js"></script>

still don't get anything showing on the homepage though

@fma965

You talking in the index.php file?

I don't have the line " bootstrap.min.js " but i DO have " trunk8.min.js "

Did you mean to flip those?

edited October 12

@seanvree@hotmail.com said:
    @fma965

You talking in the index.php file?

I don't have the line " bootstrap.min.js " but i DO have " trunk8.min.js "

Did you mean to flip those?

no it seems to not be processing that line in the php file..

you need to add it to templates/index.tpl

EDIT: i now understand why it seems the dev misunderstood howthe default: works in a switch statement.

PHP default: executes code if n is different from all above case's and not as how the comment in the code says "In any case we include the trunk8 jquery plugin and the script header for the modal and trunk8 javascript" this means that

this

default: { $plppOutput['IncludeJS'] .= ' <script type="text/javascript" src="'.PLPP_JS_PATH.'trunk8.min.js"></script>'.PHP_EOL; $plppOutput['ScriptCode'] .= ' <script type="text/javascript">'.PHP_EOL; }

is not being executed as it's not different to the above cases

edited October 16

so the actual fix is this (attached is a already patched version)

in the file index.php

find this line
    $plppOutput['IncludeJS'] .= ' <script type="text/javascript" src="'.PLPP_JS_PATH.'trunk8.min.js"></script>'.PHP_EOL;

and move this to above this line

// If we show photos, we include the lightbox javascript and css

so it looks like this
    // In any case we include the trunk8 jquery plugin and the script header for the modal and trunk8 javascript
    default: {
    $plppOutput['ScriptCode'] .= ' <script type="text/javascript">'.PHP_EOL;
    }
    }
    $plppOutput['IncludeJS'] .= ' <script type="text/javascript" src="'.PLPP_JS_PATH.'trunk8.min.js"></script>'.PHP_EOL;
    // If we show photos, we include the lightbox javascript and css

https://www.w3schools.com/php/php_switch.asp

I also now get stuff showing on the homepage.

@fma965 thanks brother! works!

mlocher75 - you tracking this?

124»