If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PlexKodiConnect, what's your favorite skin?

zpaolo11xzpaolo11x Posts: 1,230Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

A question/poll to Plex/Kodi/PKC users: what skin do you use on your setup? I guess people already using Kodi have some preference that's not related to Plex and are integrating PKC in their skin, but I'm a "Plex guy" so I like my Kodi skin to be "as Plex as possible" :D

Right now the one I like most (on Jarvis) is Titan with a vertical menu and a color scheme that recalls the grey/orange theme of Plex :) What are you people using? What you like most?

Comments

• Grumpy70Grumpy70 Posts: 146Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Chromebox - Titan with Horizontal menu
    Pi3 - Estuary...Titan is a little slow on the Pi

• zpaolo11xzpaolo11x Posts: 1,230Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Grumpy70 said:

I tested Estuary and I think it's pretty slick, but I couldn't have multiple Plex libraries directly accessible from the home screen (just a "Movies" item in the menu). I'll have to check it again.

@zpaolo11x said:

@Grumpy70 said:

I tested Estuary and I think it's pretty slick, but I couldn't have multiple Plex libraries directly accessible from the home screen (just a "Movies" item in the menu). I'll have to check it again.

There is a Mod of Estuary that i think will allow that.

I would use Titan ( best skin IMO) over anything if it wasn't slow :)

• cronetercroneter Posts: 1,067Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Grumpy70 said:

@zpaolo11x said:

@Grumpy70 said:

There is a Mod of Estuary that i think will allow that.

I would use Titan ( best skin IMO) over anything if it wasn't slow :)

Are you running openelec.tv on your raspi?

libreelec...the author of titan has looked into it and he has the same problem

@Grumpy70 said:
    libreelec...the author of titan has looked into it and he has the same problem

Which particular problem do you mean?

edited May 2016

when you click movies for example for the first time it takes anywhere from 10-20 seconds to load the page

For me even selecting to play tv show takes 10 seconds or so to start

not really a problem..jsut slow

• mysticfire2084mysticfire2084 Posts: 6Members ✭✭

could you add support for the titian skin

@mysticfire2084 said:
    could you add support for the titian skin

PKC supports every skin

the settings just say confluence and anber and and says in the settings dose not support all skins

@mysticfire2084 said:
    the settings just say confluence and anber and and says in the settings dose not support all skins

Maybe you are talking about PlexBMC. Again, PlexKodiConnect supports any skin. See https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConnect

if you use titian you can't view your music but if you change to another skin such as amber the music comes is there but it can't be viewed if you use titan you can try try yourself

• FallitoFallito Posts: 1Members

Amber, no doubt. Even has the same color. Can add any library to the menu.

• zpaolo11xzpaolo11x Posts: 1,230Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Fallito said:

Amber is nice but it's a bit too "amber" for my tastes :D Since we are reviving old discussions, I'm now on Kodi 17 and I like Estuary (with the Orange theme) although it still has some quirks mainly due to limited customization. The skin I use most though is still Titan, beta version, with the netflix 2.0 home screen, tweaked to look like a personal Netflix with orange accents instead of red accents. I really like the way I can customize the home widgets to whatever I want, right now I have

• in progress media
    • upcoming episodes
    • recently added movies
    • recently added animation (these are my two libraries in Plex)
    • recommended movies
    • recommended animation
    • similar
    • list of genres (each widget icon opens a list of movie of that genre)
    • then 5 or 6 widgets for genres, they are smart playlists aggregating movies by genre so I have one widget row for "action adventure" with direct access to movies, one for "horror" one for "romance" etc
  • kabezakabeza Posts: 21Members ✭✭

@zpaolo11x said:

@Fallito said:

Amber is nice but it's a bit too "amber" for my tastes :D Since we are reviving old discussions, I'm now on Kodi 17 and I like Estuary (with the Orange theme) although it still has some quirks mainly due to limited customization. The skin I use most though is still Titan, beta version, with the netflix 2.0 home screen, tweaked to look like a personal Netflix with orange accents instead of red accents. I really like the way I can customize the home widgets to whatever I want, right now I have

• list of genres (each widget icon opens a list of movie of that genre)
    • then 5 or 6 widgets for genres, they are smart playlists aggregating movies by genre so I have one widget row for "action adventure" with direct access to movies, one for "horror" one for "romance" etc

Hi
    May I know how do you do that customization, widgets, etc. on Titan? Thanks
    I also hate amber

• adamstewiegreenadamstewiegreen Posts: 92Members ✭✭

I really dislike the Plex UI. It's either ugly (Plex for Kodi) or a pain in the ass to navigate (like scrolling through movies 2 at a time). I prefer my skins to be bare-bones with nothing busy going on. Most skins fail miserably in the looks department (for me). I used Titan for a while and initially loved the customisability but could never get it to look amazing (I'm probably to blame for that as I see some pretty impressive screenshots)

Until recently I was using the dark version of Arctic:Zephyr (??) in horizontal mode. It's simple to use, clean and quite polished. But a couple days ago I went testing out other skins again and switched to Eminence 2.0. I hate the sub-menus at the top but I rarely use them and the section sorting is less polished than A:Z. BUT I got the 'Home' page looking great with all the AFTV apps I use (Netflix, Hulu and Filmstruck) along the bottom + a weather page and it fits perfectly.