Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No Search Feature yet for Xbox One (When?)

stanislavfstanislavf Posts: 2Members

Love Plex and like the various clients it works with. However, for movies the lack of search function on the Xbox One is a killer. The browse by alphabetically helps, but sometimes one remembers only PART of a title, not the first word.

Search in general would make both video and music killer. I would think the DB on the server could be optimized for easy searching.

Maybe I am missing something, but I did see that "search" was one of the known features that was missing and possibly being worked on for Xbox. This is more a vote than anything else. I have the chat keyboard attached to the Xbox controller so it is vastly easier to type than say with my Roku (where a search function DOES exist!).

Any word WHEN this might be added?

Answers

• mike4001mike4001 Posts: 518Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

No word yet, but an update is currently in review with Microsoft.

Maybe @moussa.uk can shed a light if a search function is implemented :-)

• MoBOMoBO Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello All,

is this function is planned or already activated ?
    I'm unable to find it (and I do have a working keyboard - Logitech k830) connected.

• SchtievieSchtievie Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

As we see, no one cares about all those problems this app has.
    Really unbelieveable!!!

• Fressa0815Fressa0815 Posts: 90Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Schtievie said:
    As we see, no one cares about all those problems this app has.
    Really unbelieveable!!!

Customer-Care is not important for the Devs as long as they are selling enough Plex Passes.