If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Support for 2016 Samsung TV

I have recently bought a Samsung 2016 model (UN65KU6300) and I would like to know when will the player be available for this TV?

Answers

• mattseeleymattseeley HawaiiPosts: 1,358Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

It's my understanding that our application is currently being tested by Samsung for release on all 2016 models.

(Please no private messages for support unless requested, please)

• jgarrett14jgarrett14 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a similar model (UN55KU6300 series) and would love for the app to be on this model. If you have any updates, please let us know!!

• planiganplanigan Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Following as well. Just picked up a UN60KU6300 for the office and would love to be able to use Plex for streaming from my home media server.

• vincezzvincezz Posts: 140Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 2016

Hey @mattseeley , could you give us a status update please? :)

Plex Enthusiast

• kdbmebkdbmeb Posts: 2Members

I have this problem as well. I contacted Samsung and they said it is up to Plex to fix this problem. And of course Plex is saying that Samsung is the Problem. This usually means... We are not getting a fix....

• hspencerhspencer Posts: 226Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 to an update from @mattseeley please.

Given there's been a month with no updates, i have to conclude that the submissions for 16TV_STANDARD1 and 16TV_STANDARD2 have been rejected by Samsung. Even if 16TV_STANDARD1 TV's are submitted for and approved, that would be a major step forward -- as TV's in the 16TV_STANDARD1 group are likely to be the most-purchased TV's from Samsung's range.

• kdbmebkdbmeb Posts: 2Members

Well, I hooked up my Roku so that I can use Plex with it. My new Smart Samsung TV is not that smart.

• Admin_JonAdmin_Jon Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I should have researched this better and bought a TCL TV instead, I bought the UN65KU6300 and there is no Plex app available, Samsung support only confirmed it and wouldn't offer any info on if it would be supported. I should return this and save myself $500, but I probably won't, just pisses me off. (P.S. I can load it in the browser, but it fails upon trying to play the video). I have not tried the USB option of loading the Plex app, the only one I see is old... is there a newer beta version than 2015? Good luck to the rest of you!

• jamescullisjamescullis Posts: 2Members Plex Pass

We are half way through the year, Samsung should not have released a tv that isn't SMART. Not having Plex as an app is rediculous. I've 2 other "Samsung SMART TV's" and are now thinking they are not so smart, Samsung DUMB would be a better title.

• Nik3shNik3sh Posts: 30Members ✭✭

Installed Plex on my ku6400 just now, tested it and when I press the back button on the remote you can exit plex, but when i go back to open plex it has frozen on the plex home screen. I therefore had to reinstall plex again and not exit the app, instead I just switch to my other apps and live tv using the home button on my remote.

I should state plex does not freeze when you switch between apps only when you use the exit button, hope it gets fixed

Wait, if you installed on a KU6400 that must mean that Plex has been approved for my KU6400 too, and presumably the whole 16TV_STANDARD1 group now. It certainly wasn't yesterday. I will check on my TV tomorrow.

Plex doesn't seem to be available in the App Store for my KU6400 (UK) so I can't verify. Odd that you've installed it and I can't !

Yeah for me it just popped up yesterday, either search for it or its in the the video section of apps right at the end, I'm in the UK as well

• kovnojavakovnojava Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Nikesh Gandhi said:
    Yeah for me it just popped up yesterday, either search for it or its in the the video section of apps right at the end, I'm in the UK as well

I checked this morning in Denmark, and it's still not showing up on my KU6075. Pulled the plug to make sure the Apps section refreshed completely (It doesn't always seem to do so if TV is just "suspended").

• aptalcaaptalca Posts: 277Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just got a UN55KU6600 on prime day. Was very disappointed last night when I realized there is no plex app in the smart hub

OK so it's there for KU6400 -- but it is not displayed under "All Apps", only if you select "Video" as the app type. This threw me for a second, but I have Plex installed now. Might be worth double checking your "Video" category rather than relying on the list of "All" apps, just in case it's been overlooked as my install was.

I believe Samsung have approved the app for all TV's in the feature group, so it should be available for the 16TV_STANDARD1 group at the very least. Summary of my understanding as of today :-

16TV_PREMIUM (stated as approved by Plex on their FAQ)
    UKS9500, UKS9000, UKS8500, UKS8000, UKS7500, UKS7000

16TV_STANDARD1 (believed approved, as several people here have installed Plex onto a UKU6400)
    UKU6500, UKU6400, UKU6300, UKU6000

16TV_STANDARD2 (submission & approval status currently unknown)
    UK6200, UK5500

@aptalca : not sure what model group a UN55KU6600 is in, other than it being a 2016 US UHD model. If it's a PREMIUM or STANDARD1 group as seems likely, suggest you double-check the "Video" section specifically just in case it's there and you're experiencing the same issue I was in finding Plex.

• mattr4226mattr4226 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a UN50KU630D (Costco version of KU6300). As of today I do not see the Plex app under Video. If I do a search for Plex nothing is returned. I've owned the TV for about a week now and love it, with one glaring exception and that is the lack of a Plex app.

• ringgringg Posts: 1Members

@Nikesh Gandhi said:
    Installed Plex on my ku6400 just now, tested it and when I press the back button on the remote you can exit plex, but when i go back to open plex it has frozen on the plex home screen. I therefore had to reinstall plex again and not exit the app, instead I just switch to my other apps and live tv using the home button on my remote.

Hi Nikesh,

I have the same problem - but if you exit via the exit button on the remote it works correctly and will not freeze the remote on going back into plex. This issue appears to be a bug in Plex with Tizen operating system that the app exit doesn't exit correctly.