Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

New Show or Movie push notification

CarlitoGilCarlitoGil Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

I'd love to get a notification in iOS when a file is added to the Plex Server.

Comments

• WilhelmStrokerWilhelmStroker Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,686 Plex Pass
  • tbockover62tbockover62 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I posted on Plex Forums about this subject because me and my friends /family share library and would be cool to send a message when new media added.

As simple as this is I don’t understand why Plex does not have a plugin so that we can maintain on server without multiple programs configure.

Very nice script but be only for people that feel comfortable with setting it up alongside Plex.

• paulrharvey3paulrharvey3 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

As simple as this is I don’t understand why Plex does not have a plugin so that we can maintain on server without multiple programs configure.

The more things Plex tries to do, the more things that can go wrong, and the wider they have to spread their resources. Better to focus on what they do, and let others add greater functionality.

• dragonmeldragonmel Members, Plex Pass Posts: 692 Plex Pass

plex math

add 1 feature .. break 2.. or more..