Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[feature request] Android Auto support

pixelxenopixelxeno Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

It's seems more and more apps are supporting Android Auto: http://g.co/androidauto - and its deployment seems underway with car and radio manufacturers. It'd be great if the Android plex app was to support it.

https://kepleradvocate.uservoice.com/forums/196188-general/suggestions/11252883-android-auto-support

Comments

• bheydaribheydari Members, Plex Pass Posts: 44 Plex Pass

I agree 100% - please add Android Auto integration!!

• rat-crat-c Members, Plex Pass Posts: 20 Plex Pass

Not sure if this is getting attention elsewhere, but with the recent release of Android Auto to non-Auto equipped cars, i.e. the ability to run 'detached', this has opened up a much larger market share.

Adding my vote for Android Auto support.

• dahamstadahamsta Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

Yes please!

• ScoobyJDScoobyJD Members, Plex Pass Posts: 33 Plex Pass

there is another request for this but I am bumping this as well.

• Nimda11Nimda11 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

yes please. This I would love mucho.

• jemeljemel Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass

Count me in. This would be a welcome addition

• Gone_soloGone_solo Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Also adding my support for this. I drive long distances and use Plex to manage my music between my phone and it's a great itunes replacement for that reason. But Android Auto support would make starting plex and playing music while already on the road much easier and safer

• zachofalltrades_zachofalltrades_ Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

I was really disappointed not to see Plex among the audio sources when I started using an Android Auto system I installed in my car. Count me among those requesting this.

• HumanIMDBHumanIMDB Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

Yes please.