If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[feature request] Android Auto support

pixelxenopixelxeno Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It's seems more and more apps are supporting Android Auto: http://g.co/androidauto - and its deployment seems underway with car and radio manufacturers. It'd be great if the Android plex app was to support it.

https://kepleradvocate.uservoice.com/forums/196188-general/suggestions/11252883-android-auto-support

Comments

• bheydaribheydari Posts: 45Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I agree 100% - please add Android Auto integration!!

• rat-crat-c Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Not sure if this is getting attention elsewhere, but with the recent release of Android Auto to non-Auto equipped cars, i.e. the ability to run 'detached', this has opened up a much larger market share.

Adding my vote for Android Auto support.

• dahamstadahamsta Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes please!

• ScoobyJDScoobyJD Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

there is another request for this but I am bumping this as well.

• Nimda11Nimda11 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

yes please. This I would love mucho.

• jemeljemel Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Count me in. This would be a welcome addition

• Gone_soloGone_solo Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Also adding my support for this. I drive long distances and use Plex to manage my music between my phone and it's a great itunes replacement for that reason. But Android Auto support would make starting plex and playing music while already on the road much easier and safer

• zachofalltrades_zachofalltrades_ Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I was really disappointed not to see Plex among the audio sources when I started using an Android Auto system I installed in my car. Count me among those requesting this.

• HumanIMDBHumanIMDB Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes please.

• MReprogleMReprogle Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I keep checking back here every so often, and still no update on this? I'd definitely love to be able to start streaming my FLAC library to my car with Plex, but it's looking pretty bleak at this point..

• naja_returnnaja_return Posts: 19Members ✭✭

Please add support to Android Auto!!!

• PicklebarrelPicklebarrel Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Kinda disappointed that after finally getting a vehicle with android auto I find out that if I want to listen to all my music from my plex library I either have to stop using android auto or find another service and match the music up there as well.
    Its definitely something that needs to happen, especially now that more and more people are using it with because of the standalone auto app.

• tohil.nettohil.net Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 add that feature

• BotonoBotono Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 I would absolutely love this!

• zero_koopzero_koop Posts: 116Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 This feature would be great, although I think it would be secondary to other needed music features such as the ability to sync your entire music library with one click and a separate music app that focuses on key features common to music apps.

• tprokoptprokop Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes Please

• meyerdsmeyerds Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is the top feature I'm looking for right now. Adding Android Auto support is pretty straight forward if the app has been written using the recommended media playing API approach, too. So maybe a low effort/high reward item?

• silmarilliumsilmarillium Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

In for some android auto love as well !

• pimpteepimptee Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sign me in on this feature request!

• Drek7ngDrek7ng Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Please add support for Android auto

Im surprised its not supported already being the a mount of time android auto has been out.

Im a Plex Subscriber and now use plex for everything from photos to TV but in stuck with using another app to play music in the car.

I Really hope its possible and will be available soon.