Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

From Ubuntu to FreeBSD

zpaolo11xzpaolo11x Members Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

Months ago I set up a "quick and dirty" PMS on a Gigabyte BRIX and installed Ubuntu because I'm lazy :D Now that I've played with it a bit I'd like to do a fresh install and start everything from scratch on the OS side, and I was thinking of switching to Ubuntu to FreeBSD. Is there an easy way to keep my Plex library data? Reinstalling Ubuntu would be just a matter of keepign a copy of the "plex" user folder and restore it in the new installation, then installing PMS, but what about FreeBSD? Any suggestion?

Best Answer

Answers

• gbooker02gbooker02 Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 506 Plex Employee
  • zpaolo11xzpaolo11x Members Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

I know that article, but it only explicitly mentions "Linux". In Linux all the useful Plex files are in $PLEX_HOME/ which is ususally located at /home/plex; what I don't know is where are those files in FreeBSD.