If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Beta Packages

uglymagoouglymagoo Posts: 898Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

Please do not provide links outside of this forum. Just fetch the *.deb and install it with sudo dpkg -i filename.deb.

This post only provides links to Plex Pass releases. For public releases please use my repository.

This package works quite well on native ARM64 distributions, just enable the armhf multiarch support (tutorial).

Releases:

Official instructions for Plex Media Server on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 / Banana Pi / ODROID / many more : armhf and arm64 Debian Repository
My PMS hardware: RPi 2, NVIDIA Shield TV, Intel Xeon

Tagged:

Comments

• DMackGDMackG Posts: 268Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 2016

Thanks UM I really appreciate your dedication and support. Not sure about all that Multiarch this and that......but your install package works great here.;-)

• uglymagoouglymagoo Posts: 898Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

Here is 0.9.17.3.

Official instructions for Plex Media Server on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 / Banana Pi / ODROID / many more : armhf and arm64 Debian Repository

• uglymagoouglymagoo Posts: 898Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

Here is 1.0.1.

Here is 1.0.2.

Damn Magoo! You make this too EASY. ;-)

• istinctistinct Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 2016

Thanks for your work. I ll use it on my rasp 3. It s perfect.
    I'm so sad to see plex doesn t do it by themself.

Here is 1.1.0. Plex fixed the slow aac encoding, so I disabled my stereo hack in this package --> 5.1 aac in the web player and Chromecast.

edited August 2016

@uglymagoo Are you seeing ???? appear instead of letters in movie descriptions, cast, Directors, and so, on your installation of 1.1.0.2611?
    example:Last Days in the Desert 2015
    History, Adventure

DIRECTOR Rodrigo Garc??a
    WRITER Rodrigo Garc??a
    CAST Ewan McGregor, Ciar??n Hinds, Ayelet Zurer, Tye Sheridan, Susan Gray

Been a lot of this since update.

• AlvingerAlvinger Posts: 35Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I had to revert back to 1.0.3 to get the national characters back. Seems to be a general problem with the binary as I had the same problem when installing 1.1.0 manually.

Servers Ubuntu VM on ESXi, RPi2 (travel/mobile server w/ 128gb usb stick and "Optimized versions")
    Local clients ATV4, ATV3 (PlexConnect), Chromecast (original x2), PS4, PS3 (x2), XBox One
    Mobile clients iPad (Air, 3, 2, 2xMini), iPhone 6S (x3), Galaxy S7 Edge (x2)

@Alvinger said:
    I had to revert back to 1.0.3 to get the national characters back. Seems to be a general problem with the binary as I had the same problem when installing 1.1.0 manually.

Thanks I glad it wasn't just me.

edited August 2016

Here is 1.1.1. The character encoding is still broken :/ There is a thread discussing this issue in the Synology forum.

Here is 1.1.2. Character encoding still broken.

• AlvingerAlvinger Posts: 35Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It works in 1.1.3!

Servers Ubuntu VM on ESXi, RPi2 (travel/mobile server w/ 128gb usb stick and "Optimized versions")
    Local clients ATV4, ATV3 (PlexConnect), Chromecast (original x2), PS4, PS3 (x2), XBox One
    Mobile clients iPad (Air, 3, 2, 2xMini), iPhone 6S (x3), Galaxy S7 Edge (x2)

Here is 1.2.1.

• MaskmagogMaskmagog Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

A big Thank You for this great work! Love having PMS on my RPi, thanks! Just updated to 1.2.1, no issues, and easy for a know-almost-nothing guy like me.

Here is 1.2.2.

• bahiabahia Posts: 91Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 2016

This doesn’t work: »Checksum mismatch. Downloaded file does not match this package.«

EDIT: I could solve this issue, but I can’t install 1.2.2. It installs and starts the server, but it is not reachable. All is well, if I install 1.2.1. May be there is no big difference, but what does this mean?

BTW: Character encoding still broken. Not only on Raspberry, on Mac – version 1.4 – too. It’s absolutely no fun to use PLEX server.

@bahia Strange, Plex must have changed the file since I packaged 1.2.2. I always test my packages and the checksum was valid at least on the release day :/

Here is 1.2.2 fixed.

• bahiabahia Posts: 91Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Aha! Much better now. Thanks. Does this fix the character encoding issue too? Character encoding doesn’t work on my Samsung TV. It doesn’t matter if I use the server on my Raspberry or on my Mac. For me it would be enough if the server on Raspberry would do it right..

edited October 2016

@bahia I do not have character encoding issues since 1.1.4. My 1.2.2 Raspberry Pi installation does not have any problems. Maybe it's an issue in the Samsung TV app (I do not use it)? Do you use the old community client or the official new Samsung client?

This discussion has been closed.