If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

RPi 3 Built-In Wifi Issues.

Havok115Havok115 Posts: 68Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So apparently the RPi3 has serious issues with the wifi being spotty if power save mode is enabled on the card. In raspbian there is a way to disable it if you use the iwconfig command, however rasplex does not offer this command.

Any suggestions on how I can disable wifi power save mode?

Havok

Best Answer

• Havok115Havok115 Posts: 68Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Bought a Roku to replace my rasplex, but never did get around this issue. The problem however is moot, and the Roku works perfectly.

Answers

• benjaminwolfbenjaminwolf Posts: 979Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I haven't found a solution, but it's my understanding that the newer versions of OpenElec contains a driver fix. I'd bet we won't get a proper fix until OpenPHT/Rasplex patches it in a new version.

You should open an issue on github.

https://github.com/RasPlex/RasPlex/issues

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! $25, $10, $5, or even $1 helps. All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com

• benjaminwolfbenjaminwolf Posts: 979Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Havok115
    Is this working for you now with the new 1.6.1 release? It included the fixed WiFi driver I believe.

Update to linux 4.4.13 and latest rpi firmware

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! $25, $10, $5, or even $1 helps. All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com

• bigcanarybigcanary Posts: 47Members ✭✭

Can confirm built in wifi is no longer a problem, strong signal, no drop outs.

I have not tried the wireless. However my solution has always been to just shut it off anyways since I am wired to every room. I will test this and reply back.

I still have intermittent issues with my wireless turned on. Screen blinks randomly when I use the wireless, plus occasionally if I go into the configuration for the wireless the device will just lock up.

Bluetooth works perfectly.

Accepted Answer

Bought a Roku to replace my rasplex, but never did get around this issue. The problem however is moot, and the Roku works perfectly.