If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

A Plex Channel for Comet TV's Live Stream? YES!!!!

keithbkkeithbk Posts: 17Members ✭✭
edited January 2017 in Plex Channel Plugins

Comet TV (a sci fi television channel) streams their content through their website. Is this able to be streamed through a Plex channel?

http://www.comettv.com/watch-live/

Best Answers

Answers

• shopgirl284shopgirl284 Posts: 2,835Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Forum Moderator Plex Ninja

Since there is no on-demand content and just one live feed, you could use an the IPTV bundle and add that live feed m3u8. You would need to refer to the [REL] IPTV.bundle - plugin that plays IPTV streams from a M3U playlist thread for more information and instructions.

Many issues and questions can be resolved by reviewing the Plex Support Documentation
    Providing details about your issue, Plex setup, and including log files are important when when asking for help on the forums.
    See Log Files
    Before posting channel plugin questions or issues, please review the pinned threads at the top of the Channel Plugin forum:
    READ FIRST: Guidelines for Posting Channel Plugin Issues/Questions and Things to Check First
    FAQ for Channel Plugin FAQ

• keithbkkeithbk Posts: 17Members ✭✭

Just as an aside, there is a Kodi channel for Comet TV. I'm not certain if this is of any use to anyone, as I do not know if there is any commonality between Kodi and Plex (both are similar in functionality).

I've looked into the IPTV.bundle; I don't know if I fully have my head wrapped around that particular application. I will read up on it further.

• nickm11nickm11 Posts: 183Members ✭✭

I have the IPTV bundle and I know how to write a .m3u8, but I don't know how to change the http://www.comettv.com/watch-live/ site to only be a .m3u8 and watch just to TV portion.

Any suggestions?

Works great, thanx

Seriously, the live stream of Comet TV is a WONDERFUL addition to my plex channel.

The really cool thing about the online live stream is that the commercials are gone (that is why you see the spinning "we'll be right back" sign at times). But you still get all the fantastic trailers for upcoming movies and shows (and those are half the fun!!!)

This is THE thing for Plex if you're a sci fi nerd like me :)

For cheesy sci fi viewer, like myself, I suggest you checkout the Channelpear Plex bundle too.

@nickm11 said:
    For cheesy sci fi viewer, like myself, I suggest you checkout the Channelpear Plex bundle too.

I have Channelpear, but have not had much success with it; most of the channels do not work or the audio is out of sync. Am I missing some good channels? If I am, I'd love to add them. Otherwise, many channels like SyFy and Ion don't work for me.

• CaptnhookCaptnhook Posts: 71Members ✭✭

@sander1 Comet TV channel seems to be broken. :/
    Get a Playback Error across all platforms.. Plex Web, Plex for iOS, Plex for Roku, Plex for Samsung.
    Comet TV website works but maybe something changed.
    Would appreciate it if you could look at it when you get a chance.
    Thanks

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,666Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Channel fixed! However, the streams are no longer available for me in my location :(

• dane22dane22 Posts: 10,740Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@sander1

Do I smell a new entry to UAS here?
    <3

I hate bugs - Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
    Join me in developing: epg-dk, str2utf-8, remidx, ExportTools, WebTools
    Support the Samsung Client:Donate
    Guides I use: Media Naming Guide, Local subtitles, Log-Files, QNAP FAQ, The Plex Dance

NO Support via PM, unless called by me