Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

MP3 audio out of sync

mfreeman7mfreeman7 Members Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited June 2016 in Xbox 360

As of yesterday any video with mp3 audio plays out of sync. When I play the same video on roku there is no issue. Other audio formats have been fine on the 360. Anyone else having this problem or know what's wrong?

Answers

• MasterNewb96MasterNewb96 Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

I am having same problem only on xbox 360.

• spaceman73spaceman73 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I am having this problem too, since I have updated my plex server to Version 1.0.0.2261 yesterday. Hope this can be resolved quickly.

• paul_zapaul_za Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

Same issue here - sure with all the hype about Version 1.0 this will be resolved quickly

• jamesnorton203jamesnorton203 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

i have this issue as well only with the xbox360 version, i have solved it by downgrading the version of plex, so guessing its a problem with the new release. Hopefully will be fixed soon

• erikellsingererikellsinger Members, Plex Pass Posts: 34 Plex Pass

I have the same problem.

@jamesnorton203 did you downgrade the media server? To which version?

• bitflingersbitflingers Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Same issue here after one of the recent updates - everything was working perfectly before. Are they aware of this issue?

Any idea how to report this issue to plex support/development to get it on their radar? -- it makes plex and my plex pass useless to me until this gets fixed.

• rchoiselatrchoiselat Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I've got the same issue. Anything with an AAC audio track plays just fine.

Since we don't know if anyone from Plex knows about this I thought I would tag some Plex developers to bring it to their attention.

@schuyler
    @mfeingol
    @chrisallen

• IvyKillaIvyKilla Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

Same here the audio in mp3 on xbox 360 are out of sync but the aac format works fine. On ps3 movie freeze and on ps4, no problems everything works fine

• zhablezhable Members, Plex Pass Posts: 22 Plex Pass

Well for anyone out there who needs an older copy of the plex media server (what a great time for Plex to stop serving the old files), here is 0.9.16.6 for Windows (https://mega.nz/#!gUQ0mQxa!TgY5htCvJ6f6fZ-8WFPvmAiZW0I6JKMiIGdder7KUZs)

• vibysvibys Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Old versions of the linux server not working, not even streaming either for me. I'm having to make optimised versions of the files to play them now.

• cmcnamara87cmcnamara87 Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Having the same issue on xbox 360 since upgrading

Works again now for me after the latest server and Xbox 360 app update!

• pfrederickjrpfrederickjr Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

@erikellsinger said:
    Works again now for me after the latest server and Xbox 360 app update!

What app update? The 360 app hasn't updated in forever. Unless I am missing something.

edited July 2016

My app (the Plex Xbox 360 app that is) updated itself when I started it one or two weeks ago.

Seems like I was mistaken, my app did revive a update but it did not solve the problem. I just happen to watching a video that did not have MP3 audio when I thought it did.

• FeenicksFeenicks Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

sigh this issue is still ongoing. Latest server update (ubuntu), still no help. Also on latest app for xbox 360.

It is driving me up the wall cos so much of what the kids want to watch has MP3 audio on it :-(

Will try to tweet at them and maybe get someones attention.

• vikarluffvikarluff Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass
    edited August 2016

Here's a download link from plex.tv for ubuntu 64bit version 0.9.17.3:
    https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-server/0.9.17.3.2239-fe07491/plexmediaserver_0.9.17.3.2239-fe07491_amd64.deb

Here's all the download links from plex.tv for windows: https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/4rf40b/where_can_i_download_old_versions_of_plex_media/d53gb02

This third party site has 0.9.17.3 and 0.9.16.6 for all supported platforms. Be cautious downloading from this site cause it's third party.

https://mega.nz/#F!mho2HJiJ!DFEOY_lS7S00WghMgslZtg

• HellboyOfSwedenHellboyOfSweden Members Posts: 4 ✭✭

Same issue here. Everything plays just fine except the files with mp3 that makes a huge audio out of sync about 5-8 sec. Totally unusable ~X(