Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Audio and video out of sync

SD71SD71 Members Posts: 21 ✭✭

Audio and video out of sync when played on a 360 since last server update

Answers

• Tarvis1996Tarvis1996 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

having the same problem but only with my movies. :/ any idea on how to fix it?

• cutcutcutcutcutcut Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 23 Plex Pass

Also having a lot of issues with xbox 360 since the 1.0 updates. Out of sync, plus some vidoes play in slow motion. I'm trying to find an older version to install. Rolling back to a previous version certainly isn't made it easy.

• henkallhenkall Members, Plex Pass Posts: 92 Plex Pass

I also discovered this yesterday when I saw a movie on my Xbox 360. But I just thought it was because my sound was passing through my screen and in to my av receiver. The audio in my setup is running via hdmi to the screen and from the screen to the av receiver via optical cable. So I don't know if that maybe would cause my problem. I just wanted to share my experience.

• EvildoerEvildoer Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I was having the same issues as well. I found that the video files were in .avi. Once I transcoded them to .mp4, that fixed the issue.

• FeenicksFeenicks Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

yeah, i dont intend going through and changing all my files... :-(

I just want it to work again.

To OP: this is movies with mp3 as the audio track yes? Or all for you? For me anything audio AAC plays fine, but if audio is MP3 it's all out of whack.

There's a few threads on this issue if so...

• xavipallaresvidalxavipallaresvidal Members Posts: 2

I've the same problem. From the last update ther is a lot of episodes that are out of sync.
    I'll test further.

• Tarvis1996Tarvis1996 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

For me most my movies are broken but the old ones, same for my tv shows

• delvirtuddelvirtud Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass

Still an issue with 1.1. Apparently none of the devs heard the many crys about mp3 audio issues.

• d00gatr0nd00gatr0n Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass
    edited September 2016

I'm also having this issue, audio start very slightly out of sync then gets worse as the video goes on... have tried EVERYTHING with no results. Happens on every PC in the house, 3 different servers, across PHT, OPEN PHT, Web Player, Plex Media Player, Windows10 app.

Seems to happen with every file, all MKVs. Never had any issues previously, dropped back to old server version but problem still persists.

The only app that seems immune is iOS for some reason.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Edit: just realised this was the 360 forum, will make a post elsewhere!

• BankaiQcBankaiQc Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12 Plex Pass

@Feenicks said:
    yeah, i dont intend going through and changing all my files... :-(

I just want it to work again.

To OP: this is movies with mp3 as the audio track yes? Or all for you? For me anything audio AAC plays fine, but if audio is MP3 it's all out of whack.

There's a few threads on this issue if so...

Yes indeed it's the same with my file with acc audio track play fine, only movies with mp3 track have the sound delayed. Seriously I think searching for a new software will be faster that converting all my file, especially since the issue isn't showing on any other devices so faw. Common Plex check the code of the version bellow 1 and the solution is probably already there.

• gzibellgzibell Members, Plex Pass Posts: 17 Plex Pass

Just updated to 1.2 haven't had a chance to try it out yet but I also found a submit a ticket link and got a emailed response from plex that is was only for account issues or billing. So maybe they will know about it from that. Hopefully a fix is coming soon

• steingrimurjsteingrimurj Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

still not working, where are the devs?

Yep still broke. Maybe if we update these threads frequently enough we will get something?

• watzupwatzup Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Plex on a Samsung TV has this problem also. Audio starts slightly delayed from video and gets worse as the movie plays. Pausing the play often fixes the audio sync for a brief time, then it is back to out of sync. What to do???

• cutcutcutcutcutcut Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 23 Plex Pass

I haven't tried the latest server updates but I'm assuming that this is still broken?

• SD71SD71 Members Posts: 21 ✭✭

just tried the latest update, still the same problems

I just tried this again today with the latest and everything seemed to be in working order. The change log did have this,

• Playback issues on Roku, iOS and other platforms. (#5715)

Anyone else tested and confirm this one is resolved?

• julio.palazonjulio.palazon Members Posts: 2

I'll try latest version after the job. Anyone who confirm this?

• julio.palazonjulio.palazon Members Posts: 2

The audio syncing in mp3 files is working with latest version. But I can't go fast forward or rewind in such files nor resume playing from last session. The mp3 support isn't working properly yet.

• BankaiQcBankaiQc Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12 Plex Pass

On my side i still have the same issue. The mp3 are playing with delay. I have started to convert a few to AC3 since they don't seem to care for the Xbox 360 users.