If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

RasPlex as bluetooth A2DP client

dymekdymek Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Hi all,

Recently I've buyed Pi 3 to replace my Pi 1 B model. Mostly because of built in bluetooth. Rasplex has built in pulseaudio - when I connect my phone to it - it recognizes RasPlex like my BT Car audio - and send music via BT. Unfortunately I don't have sound from HDMI or analogue output from raspberry. I am using 1.6.2 build, on 1.0.3 it was the same situation.

Best Answer

Answers

• bigcanarybigcanary Posts: 47Members ✭✭

Presumably you have selected Pulseaudio as Audio Output?

If so you need to change it back to HDMI or Analogue to get sound output from those connections.

Incidentally, 1.0.3 didn't support BT audio, so you couldn't have BT audio in that version.

• dymekdymek Posts: 4Members ✭✭

I am currently at 1.6.2 - Pi is connected to Denon AVR-2113 so output is HDMI passthrough. I have sound from movies etc, everything played from Pi, but no sound from connected phone via BT

• NedtheNerdNedtheNerd Posts: 3,736Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

BT is one way, RPi->BT audio device, it will not allow you to play from BT device ->RPi.

Regards

Rasplex/OpenPHT is maintained by a team of volunteers, donations are gratefully received. Why not make a donation now: rasplex.com

"Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it."
  • dymekdymek Posts: 4Members ✭✭

So why phone recognize RasPlex as A2DP client like BT headphones or car audio?

• NedtheNerdNedtheNerd Posts: 3,736Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Because that's the Bluetooth drivers and connection software doing that, it makes a connection, there is no audio functionality to support audio from a BT device to the RPi, as I stated previously

Rasplex/OpenPHT is maintained by a team of volunteers, donations are gratefully received. Why not make a donation now: rasplex.com

"Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it."
  • plex.plessers@gmail.complex.plessers@gmail.com Posts: 410Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 6

@NedtheNerd : is it possible to add an bluetooth usb stick and configure LibreElec + OpenPHT as a BT receiver?