If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How do we like the new PMP?

spawn666spawn666 Posts: 213Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited July 2016 in Plex Media Player

I am wondering what the plex community think about the new direction of the plex PMP. Is it practical? Does it look better then PHT? Is this new media hub type interface better then previous versions?

How do we like the new PMP? 88 votes

Yes! Love it! This is way better!
36%
yesternowWunderwallydannywsuConVasmini.PLEXJDizzyDavidIrwinpaulsaltervincenSambaDromejjrosswideoteka.netardmaxStyvoyoyomanBudgieBirdDaveBinMwayned42stierSonnyboy666 32 votes
It's okey, I do need to get use to the interface.
40%
master_chief_psonicblue83danielnordincounterfitPottypotsworthJelvmikesteckeryourFriendlyTrogdorWolfie02Terry Cinemascaboose014gec5741cleverdevilkarbowiakWolf_666timstephens24madsydsjorgepoiromaniaxwsavona 36 votes
This is a step in the wrong direction.
10%
FlandersBirdyOztruespinPaulW0DeadEyeFlintcharandgaryAntonGonzalezstefanvanruitenJacob Bæk 9 votes
No! Hate this new UI!
12%
spawn666tweiserjacoblosuperdxCDHBats_Everywhereoriolisgreekislandloverreddwarfcrewmcadmdaroz 11 votes

Comments

• rshoover2001rshoover2001 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Still many features missing before it will become a viable alternative to PHT.

• spawn666spawn666 Posts: 213Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    No! Hate this new UI!

Did anybody find the audio offset adjustment option?

• dannywsudannywsu Posts: 176Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Many features are missing but it's rock solid for me and matches the UI from every other platform. I'll take it!

PMS | Custom HTPC w/ AMD FX-8320, 256 GB SSD, & 8gb Ram  |  Storage | 16 TB Drobo  |  Clients | Nvidia Shield (2017), Vizio M43-C1, Apple TV 4, Roku 3, Roku 2 XD, Xbox 360, Amazon fireTV stick  |  Mobile Clients | 2 x iPhone 6s, iPad Mini 4, iPad Mini 2

TV | Sharp 60LE847 |  Receiver | Onkyo TX-NR616, 7.1 DTS-MA and True-HD  |  Remote | Logitech Harmony 700  |  Automation | SabNZBD+, deluge, Sonarr, & Radarr  |  Server Monitoring | PlexPy & HTPC Manager

• JelvJelv Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I like the interface (and hope it gets more options soon), but it's still to buggy for me. Sound doesnt change on my Win7 box and no wifi on the Raspberry Pi so that kinda sucks.

• ac4ltac4lt Posts: 184Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 2016

I'm not sure that set of questions returns a lot of value. In general I've found PMP remarkably stable and there are things about the new UI to like and things that many of us disklike. But, branding it all with a single classification doesn't really tell us much.

• SambaDromeSambaDrome Posts: 1,730Members ✭✭✭

Personally I love the new interface now. Clearly not feature complete but for me at least complete enough that I'm finally away from using the nightly builds and flashing my embedded NUC. As @ac4lt says its remarkably stable and now usable enough to just wait for the official releases as they arrive.

CouchPotato, Sonarr, PMP, PlexPy, Plex Requests & Harmony Remote... The ultimate media heaven combo.

• wayned42wayned42 Posts: 275Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@spawn666 said:
    Did anybody find the audio offset adjustment option?

It's bound to the keys Alt+A & Alt+Shift+A. I personally also bind it to left & right paren (since I can have my remote send those):

"(Shift\\+)?\\(": "decrease_audio_delay",
    "(Shift\\+)?\\)": "increase_audio_delay",

• timstephens24timstephens24 Posts: 351Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Pretty much the main thing I use now, though I do switch around testing different apps as they're updated/released.

Denon X4200W 5.2.4 --> LG OLED65C6P
    Apple TV 4K -- Channels App for TV+DVR
    HDHomeRun Prime (x2) // HDHomeRun Connect
    NVIDIA SHIELD Pro // Intel NUC D54250WYK // XB1S // PS4
    ============= SYNOLOGY DS1815+ DS513 =============

• rizorithrizorith Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

For me, it's actually cleaner and a bit more stable. I agree that it is missing some features, but hopefully those will be added (and more!) in the future.

• spawn666spawn666 Posts: 213Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    No! Hate this new UI!

I hope the amount of clicks to get where you want to go can be reduced. A nice binge watch functions would be nice maybe. I also hope the wall view can return. The large icons are a nightmare if you have a large collection.