If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can't Seek through Videos

chaosmakerchaosmaker Posts: 471Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi All,

I'm on iOS Plex Version 4.2 on iOS 9.3.2 with PlexServer 1.0.0.2261 and I'm having issues when I try to seek through video content. What happens when I play anything video related I get a "Playback was terminated by the server - Client stopped playback." message. It looks like it doesn't give enough time for the server to seek through the file to get to the desired position. I have a samsung bluray player which seeks with no issues on the same files so I presume it is an iOS issue (unless it is a transcoder issue - in which case I guess I might be in the wrong subforum haha).

Any ideas?
chaos

Tagged:

Answers

• eckoflyteeckoflyte Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Having the same issue on my iOS devices. Anyone?

• chaosmakerchaosmaker Posts: 471Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sometimes a restart fixes this issue - but I have no idea what causes it or how to fix it :-( and nobody from Plex seems to have answered either