If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Server limited to 480p on remote

AgentMaxAgentMax Posts: 385Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited July 2016 in macOS/OS X (Mac)

Hi, since a few weeks my server will only serve 480p to my remote users. Doesn't matter what they have set as remote quality. Only on direct play they will get what they have set.

Some month ago there was an option to limit remote quality but it hasn't been active. Maybe it is active now and using my set preferences from that time?
Please help.
Running 1.0.1.2396 on OSX 10.11.5

Comments

• hthighwayhthighway Posts: 6,479Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited July 2016

Is remote access still enabled? It almost sounds like they are connecting through RELAY.

Ref:. https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/216766168-Accessing-a-Server

• Paul
  • AgentMaxAgentMax Posts: 385Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 2016

As far as I can see on my server remote access is available and activated. And there is no problem if they set direct play. They will get the original file.
    And it is working If I use my own account when remote. So this seems to be only active for friends.

• AgentMaxAgentMax Posts: 385Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 2016

Solution found.
    Some month ago there has been an option to limit bandwidth per stream in the server interface. This option wasnt working and was removed in the next release.
    Now this option is working and limiting each stream at the (before) set max bandwidth setting.
    But its only available in the plex config file.

<key>WanPerStreamMaxUploadRate</key> <integer>2000</integer>