Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Error: "Playback Error: Failed fetching the PlayQueue from the server"

clowgclowg Posts: 147Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Latest app from Windows Store.

I get this error when I try to play any music - either directly or via a playlist.
TV Shows and Movies play OK.

Music plays fine from the Web App on the same PC in the same network location. The Windows 10 x64 PC is behind a corporate proxy server (MS TMG).

While I was testing the app I was playing a TV Show and clicked the back arrow in the top left corner and this caused the app to crash (error dialog first saying that the developer has been notified).

Answers

• prangeprange Posts: 38Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any fix on this? I'm having the same issue with music playback but movies/TV work fine.

• cgarrett09cgarrett09 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue for me on a home network. The Windows 10 app reports the same error and fails to play any music--which kinda defeats the purpose of a "media server". I can understand free apps not performing correctly sometimes, but the bugs should be worked out of a PAID app..

• paulfarr0wpaulfarr0w Posts: 20Members ✭✭

yeah same here. Do we have to have a subscription to use the windows 10 app maybe ?!

• HcksawHcksaw Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1, getting an error as well. Plays singular files fine, but getting the same error when trying to play music and playing through the album. https://www.screencast.com/t/c2tMtJcqO6LM

Windows 10 Creators Update
    Plex App Version 3.2.20-25990c77 (5/10/2017)
    Signed in with Plex Pass

• crazralfrillcrazralfrill Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here.

• DebrodeDDebrodeD Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 2017

The windows 10 client just gave me this same error when trying to play my audiobooks, but then I played a music mp3 file and now it works with my long audiobook files too, no idea why.

• jellyPitjellyPit Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 28

This has happened a few times to me now but only in the Win 10 app and only on this pc - last time I fixed it by playing part of a movie then switching back, this time that didn't work. Removed and reinstalled the app, no joy - what did work was signing out then back in again.

Edit: I'm a fool. The paddles on the back of my plugged in Xbox controller were resting on something, causing plex to constantly skip back, causing the error message.