If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How do i set my new Fire TV?

shnickelsonshnickelson Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just upraded from the FireTV stick to the new model Fire TV. This is supposed to be able to handle 4K and everything else. However, I am getting frequent audio hiccups while playing 1080p files. My server should be able to handle this and I have tried every other device in the house, with no problem. What can i do to get rid of these skips?

Answers

• an3kan3k Posts: 371Members ✭✭

WiFi? Stop using it.
    How much of the internal storage is used/free?
    How many Apps were started after the FireTV was booted the last time? Restart the FireTV and only launch Plex and test it.

Plex Media Server 1.2.3.2914 (Ubuntu Server 14.04.2 with Intel Xeon E5-2680 v3 and QNAP TS-879U-RP), Plex for Android (Sony Xperia Z4), Plex for PS4, Plex for FireTV 4K, Plex for FireTV Stick, Plex for AppleTV, Plex for SmartTV (Samsung UE46ES8090), Plex for Android TV (Sony KD-49X8307C), Plex Media Player on Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit (Notebook & Computer), Plex Media Player on Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (Ultrabook)