If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Subsonic plugin

jwrayjwray Posts: 1,268Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
Anyone interested
I've been playing around the last couple of nights with a plugin for the Subsonic music server.

It more or less works so I was wanting to gauge interest to see if it's worth investing more time. Let me know if you'd like such a plugin and what features you'd want. Oh, and read my sig if so.

Jonny

Comments

• tracerbtracerb Posts: 8Members
    Definitely interested in seeing a Subsonic plugin. Have to look a bit further in to what I'd actually want it to do besides the normal expectation (select and stream music). A jukebox type feature would be good for parties.
  • jwrayjwray Posts: 1,268Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Ok, I'll see what needs to be done to finish off a basic version with selection and playing and get a beta out.

Jonny
  • tbmxtbmx Posts: 19Members
    I know of myself and one other that are interested.

As for features it may be worth looking at iphone apps like iSub to get an idea. Even having browsing and search would be great.
    Cool, good to hear some other people are interested. I'll see what I can do to get a basic beta version out for testing.

Jonny

tbmx wrote:

I know of myself and one other that are interested.

As for features it may be worth looking at iphone apps like iSub to get an idea. Even having browsing and search would be great.
  • TakTak Posts: 13Members
    Id be interested in seeing what a subsonic plugin might look like. My readyNAS will be happy. :)
    Any updates on this or things we can help with?
    No updates I'm afraid, just haven't had the time to work on it. Was having some playback/interaction issues with the Subsonic server that I need to figure out otherwise it won't be usable. It's not dead, I'll let you know when I've made more progress.

Jonny
    Thanks for the update!
  • cuecue Posts: 21Members
    Another eager beta tester reporting in! :rolleyes:
  • PartyMummyPartyMummy Posts: 135Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 2011
    The ability to remotely access video via a Subsonic plugin would be a huge plus. Either way, I'm on board!
  • ad180ad180 Posts: 1Members
    I'd love this. I've been using Subsonic (and iSub for iPhone) and love the software. I'd be happy to help test....
  • switchtowerswitchtower Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass ✭✭
    I signed up to the forums to say I'm interested in this as well. I've messed with the subsonic API a bit, but don't have the skills necessary to create an app. :(

I'm one of those "long time listeners, first time callers" people. ;)
    I thought this might be useful:

https://github.com/crustymonkey/py-sonic

It's a basic Python library to wrap the REST API.
  • tannerellentannerellen Posts: 103Members
    I would be really excited to see this plugin released. I just set up my first subsonic server and am really missing the ability to play the music from within plex.

Hopefully this becomes a reality.
  • griseigrisei Posts: 1Members
    I love plex and I am a heavy subsonic user. But as soon as I put away my mobile and change over to plex for entertaining me subsonic isn't available any more. too bad. so if there is someone looking for heavy beta testing. I'm your man.
    edited May 2011
    I've modified this post. I'll re-upload the file once I've made some progress on it.
  • blocker85blocker85 Posts: 3Members
    Another interested beta tester here :) glad to see something in the works. This would be a great addition to Plex!
  • magnusoverlimagnusoverli Posts: 83Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Still no new on this or other related projects?
    I would really love this feature! :-)
    magnuso
  • jessefryejessefrye Posts: 4Members
    i use subsonic. a feature could be media export to subsonic to fill up all those annoying empty album images?