Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Xbox One Background Music

SirSmegheadSirSmeghead Posts: 14 Plex Pass

Now that the update for Xbox Ones Dashboard is rolling out that allows you to listen to music in the background without having the app snapped to the side of the screen, will Plex for Xbox One also support this?
Would love to be able to listen my music library while I play games on the Xbox One without having to see the app on the side of the screen, removing much needed space for the game :)

Answers

• eisenherzeisenherz Posts: 19 Plex Pass

I am also hoping for this as I am on a plex pass and have thousands of albums on my plex

• Stef TaelmanStef Taelman Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I was about to suggest the same thing :) I really hope they will consider this

• mike4001mike4001 Posts: 489 Plex Pass

Probably once the UWP Windows-App gets published to Xbox One.

To my knowledge "old" apps cannot use the new background music feature.

• madmanrfmadmanrf Posts: 2

Please make it happen.....

• mightygriffinsmightygriffins Posts: 12 Plex Pass

+1

• inthisidrowninthisidrown Posts: 2 Plex Pass

This would be fanfreakintastic!!

• godslamgodslam Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Just to add to this, I'd also like to see this feature. Whether it comes with UWP apps or not, it'll be a welcome addition. Especially since Plex can be used for Google Music and I don't see an app for that coming anytime soon.

• mcrommertmcrommert Posts: 366 Plex Pass

Honestly i see them updating like netflix did...same interface on top of their new uwp app...then updating would be just as easy as a store app ( not the horrible xbox update)

• mbarylskimbarylski Posts: 186 Plex Pass

@godslam said:
    Especially since Plex can be used for Google Music

Wait, what? How do you connect Plex to Google music? I definitely want to try that. ☺

• lobbyistlobbyist Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Throwing in my vote for this feature :)

• godslamgodslam Posts: 3 Plex Pass

@mbarylski said:

@godslam said:
    Especially since Plex can be used for Google Music

Wait, what? How do you connect Plex to Google music? I definitely want to try that. ☺

I used this to install the channel: https://github.com/pablorusso/GoogleMusic.bundle/tree/update_gmusicapi_fix_login

Took some fiddling with. And this build is setup for Windows, so if you're using Mac or Linux, you'll have to build one of the files yourself.

• mbarylskimbarylski Posts: 186 Plex Pass

I used this to install the channel: https://github.com/pablorusso/GoogleMusic.bundle/tree/update_gmusicapi_fix_login

Took some fiddling with. And this build is setup for Windows, so if you're using Mac or Linux, you'll have to build one of the files yourself.

Awesome, thanks!

• plex@dillfamily.orgplex@dillfamily.org Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Any update on this? I'd love to be able to play my plex music in the background.

• mightygriffinsmightygriffins Posts: 12 Plex Pass

Now that the win app is universal, please release it for x1 with background music.

• LiquidtoonLiquidtoon Posts: 17 Plex Pass

I'd be keen to find out why the WUP version of the app wasn't bundled into the Xbox as well since it all runs on the same platform?

• Richard.PrestonRichard.Preston Posts: 1 Plex Pass

deffo want background music added as well

any news if its being looked at ?

• eisenherzeisenherz Posts: 19 Plex Pass

any update on this?

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,335 Plex Employee

@eisenherz No update yet. Enabling background support for music is unfortunately not as easy as flipping a switch. There's a fair amount of work needed to do this, but we're continuing to work on it!

• icandigthaticandigthat Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Desperate for these capabilities too. Simple Background Music Player is fine but i have thousands of songs on my Plex, would much rather play it this way than having to keep reloading flash drives.

• torrestorres Posts: 1 Plex Pass

@Moussa thank you for the update!