We will be performing plex.tv database server maintenance starting 22:00 Pacific Time on Wednesday, June 28 (05:00 GMT, June 29). It is expected to last ~1.5 hours. See http://status.plex.tv/incidents/c1t6djj5vq9r
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

When playing a track from a "Various Artists" album plex sends the wrong artist tag to Sonos

PatrikFalkPatrikFalk Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass

I you are playing a track from a "Various Artist" album you expect to see the tag from the ARTIST field be displayed in the sonos player so that you can see the artist.

But as of today the tag ALBUM ARTIST is displayed.

On a Various Artist album the ARTIST tag will be the actual artist for each track and the tag ALBUM ARTIST will be "Various Artists" for the whole album.

Playing the same track from the same album through Subsonic on Sonos will display the correct tag I.E. the ARTIST tag.

Comments

• lprlpr Members, Plex Pass Posts: 120 Plex Pass

I can confirm this.

• dilbert2kdilbert2k Members, Plex Pass Posts: 33 Plex Pass

I have the same problem. Is this a Plex or a SONOS problem? Track Artist displays correctly in Plex Clients, so I assume its a SONOS problem?

• KnuckleheadzKnuckleheadz Members, Plex Pass Posts: 32 Plex Pass

this has been raised in another thread but little appears to be happening from a development perspective with Plex for Sonos... such a shame... it's 80% there in my opinion.

• djcordeldjcordel Members, Plex Pass Posts: 19 Plex Pass
    edited February 18

This is a big one for me! I have a ton of promotional music that is all tagged as "Various Artist" compilations and it makes it impossible to browse within the Sonos app. It also makes searching weird because you need to use "Songs" instead of "Artists" to get any results. As others have stated, I'm not sure if this is a Plex or Sonos issue, but it would be great to get this one sorted out.

• Bertie&CharlesBertie&Charles Members Posts: 2

I've just gone down the Plex route with Sonos, and I too am experiencing the same. Can we (as in developers at Plex/Sonos) get it sorted to allow searching by Album Artist so as to allow searching of compilations and also display the Album Artist similar to Subsonic. So near.....yet so far from sorting out the 65,000 track (or less) issue with this workaround that does have the potential to actually fully deliver.
    Come on guys and gals you can do it............ :)